Fuck Craigslist

heavyharmonies

For all the complaining that people do about eBay, compared to Craigslist eBay is inhabited by saints.

I just got done selling a 72-inch HDTV. It was a month of pure unmitigated hell.

Me being the meticulous sort, posted specs, condition, 6 pictures, and clearly defined terms:

1. Cash only, no exceptions. No PayPal. No checks. No money orders. No nonsense.

2. No shipping. Local pickup only.

3. No trades.

4. You must provide your own truck and 2 people to move it. I cannot help with lifting or transport. The TV weighs roughly 90 pounds.

5. No layaways, no time payments.

After a month, I am firmly convinced that the demographic breakdown of Craigslist "buyers" consists of approximately the following:

12% - Fucktards

23% - Lowball tire-kickers

63% - Scammers

2% - Actual interested buyers

Sweet mother of Jesus.

"Will you take $150?" (Sure, I'll sell a $450 item for $150)

"Can I pay you $75 a week?" (Do I fucking LOOK like Rent-a-Center?)

"What's your PayPal address?" (so you can file a nondelivery claim)

"Will you trade for an iPad?" (that fell off a truck or has been run through a wood chipper)

"Can you deliver to my town 80 miles away?"

"I'll pay your asking price. I need your address to send certified check..." (so it can bounce and I'm stuck with nothing after the fact... I must have gotten about 15 of these.)

If I never sell anything on Craigslist again, it will be too soon.

In comparison, eBay is a fucking sellers' paradise.

I agree 100%!!

Craigslist is a cesspool.

2% actual interested buyers might be too high. Or they are interested and respond, and when you try to get back in contact with them, they ignore all methods of communication. If you weren't interested to begin with, why fucking reply??

I hate eBay but Craigslist is the absolute worst!!

Oh yeah, I sold my travel trailer on Craigslist a couple of years ago and swore "never again." The guy who eventually bought it was a pretty straight up dude, but till he came along I put up with exactly what Dan described above for several months - a series of morons, B.S. artists, cheapskates and endless e-mails in hilariously bad "Engrish."

It was a good thing the "real" buyer came when he did, cuz I was about ready to say "to hell with this," give up and just set the damn trailer on fire...haha

Oh yeah, I sold my travel trailer on Craigslist a couple of years ago and swore "never again." The guy who eventually bought it was a pretty straight up dude, but till he came along I put up with exactly what Dan described above - a series of morons, B.S. artists, cheapskates and endless e-mails in hilariously bad "Engrish."

It was a good thing the "real" buyer came along when he did, cuz I was about ready to say "hell with it," give up and just set the damn trailer on fire...haha

I feel for you. It's 90% scammers and idiots on Craigslist.

• 7 months later...

I am in Craigslist hell again.

Been trying to get rid of some collectibles and I hate eBay so I thought WTF...... put them on Craigslist for the hell of it.

It might be worse now than before.

It's the same bullshit. They answer the ad. They agree to meet and do the deal. And then BAM...... they disappear off the face of the Earth. They won't answer calls/emails/texts..... nothing. It's infuriating!! :taz:

Trying to sell an expensive cellphone and gettinf tons of "replies" until it's buying time. And then they vanish.

One woman I cussed out called me this morning and apologized and told me she got off work at 1:30pm and was going to hit the bank and then call me to buy the phone. Of course, never heard from her again so I cussed her out again on all 3 methods of our communication.

FUCKING BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!!! :thppt::cussing::doh: