Vince O'Regan - Temptation

Stefan

eden1.jpg

From nehrecords.com:

O’Regan is the brain child of Legion guitarist Vince O’Regan, the all new project features 10 blistering tracks featuring Bob Catley [Magnum] Paul Sabu, Phil Vincent [Legion], Nick Workman [Vega] and many more. A serious who’s who in the melodic rock world with songs to match

Soundclips: https://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/OreganTemptation.htm

OREGANCOVER.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Temptation
2. Something To Believe In
3. Woman
4. Restless Heart
5. Crash And Burn
6. Slave To The System
7. Heroes In The Night
8. Neon Lights
9. Time Stands Still
10. Fire In The Sky

Assuming he's producing the product as well, sadly it's basically a write off. I gave the first tune a listen (is that still the same vocalist from his Escape project???)and it sounded very average. I might give this ago, but this guy is a serial killer of albums when it comes to production jobs. And since Pulse I haven't really heard anything great in terms of song quality either.

• 3 months later...

Sonic mess as per usual. Impossible to listen to.

Out of curiosity, Andrew, have you ever had any direct contact with the guy and discussed this? I know you were talking about his production issue a stupid amount of years ago - over a decade ago now, I think? And he is still doing the same thing.

Ironically, and if possible, I actually think his recent albums are even worse sounding than his older stuff? What on earth is the deal with this guy? How on earth is he not hearing what is so blatantly obvious to everyone else, and has been for 10-15 years? I just honestly don't get it. A lot of his song writing is very poor anyway, but there have been albums (eg. Escape) that would have been pretty damn good if someone proper produced them.

Not a word. I doubt Vince would ever be open to taking my advice, but it's not just me that says it. Almost every album he's produced sounds like sonic compost and despite some solid songs, I have half a dozen albums here from him that I simply cannot listen to. Then I gave up following his music as it's mainly buried on the Z label. But I check out the new vids and samples when they come to light every few months....all the same.

Good guitarist though.

Not a word. I doubt Vince would ever be open to taking my advice, but it's not just me that says it. Almost every album he's produced sounds like sonic compost and despite some solid songs,

Nah, definitely not just you. That's the thing I can't fathom. Surely anyone with an ear thinks the same thing. Wouldn't there be a circle of friends that gives it to him straight? I don't understand how he keeps making the same awful mistake.

Guest mashworth74

Second O'Regan album due this month. That's a quick follow-up. The second Escape album was a quick follow-up and that was universally ignored and ended up in the AOR Bermuda Triangle with Eden's third, Alibi's second, Omega, Holy Rage etc. I think Vince O'Regan is a great talent but he is spread too thinly over too many projects that are rushed out too fast.

Fuck me....and guess what - it sounds like shit!

CODA ARE :

Keith St John Vocals [burning Rain, Montrose ]
Vince ORegan Lead Guitar [bob Catley, Legion, ORegan]
EJ Curse Bass [silent Rage, White Lion]
Eric Ragno Keyboards / Hammond [Graham Bonnet, Jimi Jamison, Fergie Fredrickson, American Angel]

Andy Pierce Drums [Legion, Escape]

Check out this sample teaser Let The Tears Fall Down http://youtu.be/nYoKNKMleK8

How does he get every project he is in to sound identical to all the others? Even with entirely different personnel? They all just sound as horrid as the others. What are Keith St John and EJ Curse doing amidst that trainwreck???

Guest mashworth74

That Coda sample sounds muddy but it is a Youtube promo and i'm a lot more interested in this than another Phil Vincent album. I'm not an audiophile and quite a forgiving listener but these 'project' albums assembled via emails from around the world are usually a muddy mess after they have been enshrined on cd. I can believe no one playtests a lot of AOR albums before they hit the shelves as a list of Frontiers album with mastering faults is damn long. Too much product and nowhere remotely near enough quality control.