Pole Position (Norway) - Part One EP

Stefan

10659322_770429819680771_212731453477690

From FB:

Melodic hard rock / metal band fronted by a female vocalist from Aalesund, Norway. POLE POSITION was started by Kurt in 2012, with the intention of putting together a band that would be entertaining to watch and listen to. After some line-up changes the current edition of the band has been performing since 2013. Initially POLE POSITION was a pure cover band playing both well-known and some lesser-known classics of the genre but since doing numerous live shows they started working on their own songs in early 2014.
Keywords were: Catchy, heavy while also being melodic. In October 2014 the first of POLE POSITION's three planned EP’s was released.

Pole Position:

Vocal: Cecilie Helle Cabueños.
Guitar: Kurt Eilif Hætta
Guitar: Sindre Myskja
Bass:John Olav Gamlem
Drums: Torger Lødemel

pole-position-part-one.jpg

Tracks:

No Disguise

World Is Turning

Falling

I will take the original Pole Position that released the St album and Bigger. Now that was a great band!

Loved the track "out in the night" from the s/t although the whole cd is good,whats Bigger like? never heard that one...yet :)

• 3 weeks later...

'Bigger' was pretty bad and very different in style to the debut. There's one great song on it which I can't remember off the top of my head, but overall it's a very weak disc.

I obviously assumed they were back on the scene too when I saw this thread, but unfortunately it's just another average female fronted rock band. It's almost nearly okay.

Geoff is smoking crack again. Bigger was awesome, crunchy, heavier but the harmonies are definitely there. The debut is better but you can grab Bigger for like $10 so I would. I love them both!

The album Bigger was a departure from the Def Leppard styled melodic rock that makes Pole Position's debut such a coveted gem IMHO. I didnt enjoy the album anywhere as hoped, sure the hooks and harmonies are present but they are delivered in a different way that didn't suit the melodic rock typical fan that enjoys the debut. The same is said about fellow Swedes Masquerade.

Haha, love that this thread turned into a discussion about a completely different band LOL. I will have to check out ''bigger'' then. What's the change like is it similiar to when Talisman changed the sound from their debut on Genesis and Humanimal?

sorry......my bad.

Haha, love that this thread turned into a discussion about a completely different band LOL. I will have to check out ''bigger'' then. What's the change like is it similiar to when Talisman changed the sound from their debut on Genesis and Humanimal?

More than anything the albums are five years apart and the sound is a bit updated. I can see where some might not like it and the debut is much better but I love both of them!

Just to put some additional perspective based on the example of Talisman, The Humaninal cds are my favorite from the band though I like Genesis. So maybe I just enjoy the changes?

• My Little Pony

Yeah, like Geoffery said, this is almost good. Can we talk about what the hell this girl is doing? Seriously, one of the worst stage presences I've seen in a minute.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...