The Highs And The Lows

AlphaMale

Who put out a great disc only to follow it up with total garbage? This thread idea came when hearing "Leader Of The Pack" from Twisted Sister.

After the monumentally successful "Stay Hungry" disc, what in the fuck was TS thinking when they released the terrible "Come Out And Play"?? What a colossal turd of a disc.

Any other notable flops after a great release?

Well if it doesnt have to be debut to sophomore, one of the biggest disappointments recently for me was Crashdiet. Savage playground was such a let down. Not terrible but such a way behind generation wild. This album should have been their classic.

Well if it doesnt have to be debut to sophomore, one of the biggest disappointments recently for me was Crashdiet. Savage playground was such a let down. Not terrible but such a way behind generation wild. This album should have been their classic.

Yeah.... I listened to it again the other day and then played "Generation Wild" right after it. The difference is night and day. It's not just the production though IMO, the songs just aren't as catchy and immediate. The vocals are all over the place. It's a shame. I hope they put out a much better CD next time around.

• 2 weeks later...

Warrior Soul's 'Chill Pill' was a real let-down after 'Salutations From The Ghetto Nation' ... mind you, everything that has come out under the WS banner since 'Space Age Playboys' has been shite, too ...

Van Halen III - 'nuff said. While I'm thinking of Eddie and the boys, 'Diver Down' has never compared favourably when stacked up against 'Women And Children First' :)

Crue following 'Shout ...' with the dog's dinner that was 'Theatre ...'

I'm probably going to get some stick for this ... but after 'Operation: Mindcrime', I expected something far better than 'Empire' from Queensryche ...

Jag Panzer's dissident alliance after ample destruction ( although tons of demos, unreleased stuff, bootlegs etc, before this, which would be released later). And then the return with the godly fourth judgement.

operation mindcrime was average as well imo ;-)

Looks like you'll be getting a bigger kicking than me, mate ;)

Warrior Soul's 'Chill Pill' was a real let-down after 'Salutations From The Ghetto Nation' ... mind you, everything that has come out under the WS banner since 'Space Age Playboys' has been shite, too ...

Van Halen III - 'nuff said. While I'm thinking of Eddie and the boys, 'Diver Down' has never compared favourably when stacked up against 'Women And Children First' :)

I'm probably going to get some stick for this ... but after 'Operation: Mindcrime', I expected something far better than 'Empire' from Queensryche ...

Yeah I definitely disagree with the Motley & Queensryche thing. Tho I will say Operation was just a different style than Empire but both great nonetheless. Theatre gets no credit at all, even from the band as they hate it too but I don't agree. There are some great songs on Theatre when you take out Smokin' in the boys room.

Van Halen III was better than Diver...I know you aren't comparing those two but DD sucked pretty bad.

Yeah I definitely disagree with the Motley & Queensryche thing. Tho I will say Operation was just a different style than Empire but both great nonetheless. Theatre gets no credit at all, even from the band as they hate it too but I don't agree. There are some great songs on Theatre when you take out Smokin' in the boys room.

Van Halen III was better than Diver...I know you aren't comparing those two but DD sucked pretty bad.

'Diver ...' has Roth on it. And 'The Full Bug'. For me, that puts it head and shoulders above 'III', which just sounded awful (especially after 'Balance') :)

'Empire' has always been too soft for my liking ... I love the title-track, and 'Another Rainy Night ...', but it was just too much of a change after 'Rage ...' and '... Mindcrime'.

As for 'Theatre ...' ... well, it came after 'Shout ...', which is a stone-cold classic in these 'ere parts ;)