VH1! Anybody else notice?

Leykis101

Anybody notice the sudden demo switch on VH1??? they have locked onto a target demo, it's as noticeable as the nose on your face, lets see who can call it out 1st, as Im sure you've found, as have I, VH1 has become all but unwatchable.

I gave up on VH1 when they put on those horrid unwatchable reality shows but I'm gonna guess that they have gone to the demo of teens. Shitty bubble gum pop?

I gave up on VH1 when they put on those horrid unwatchable reality shows but I'm gonna guess that they have gone to the demo of teens. Shitty bubble gum pop?

No Chris, that is a great guess, but it's even worse then that, if you can find 1 intelligible or even understandable conversation on that station, your a better man then I, it may as well be VH1BET, I mean there are literally NO! white shows anymore, it is all loud, grammatically incorrect, just unwatchable black rappers own reality shows, I bet the average I.Q. accumulated by grouping all the personality's together, would be a good representation of the 1, in VH1!

No Chris, that is a great guess, but it's even worse then that, if you can find 1 intelligible or even understandable conversation on that station, your a better man then I, it may as well be VH1BET, I mean there are literally NO! white shows anymore, it is all loud, grammatically incorrect, just unwatchable black rappers own reality shows, I bet the average I.Q. accumulated by grouping all the personality's together, would be a good representation of the 1, in VH1!

Oh that is worse. It can't even be any kind of intelligible English anywhere. Right? I would love to know who green lit those shitty shows, I once saw that TI & Tiny or whatever its called and it was unwatchable within 30 seconds.

If you guys were into the hiphop and rap scenes, VH1 would be your favorite channel!!

:soapbox:

But since we're not, then it is not our favorite channel. :aw:

Yes and where Im not fluent in Ebonics, I cannot watch it, and that TI show, is just one in a block of Rappers shows, you've also got, The Game, with his own show, that little dude, with the high voice, I dont even know his name, then you've got like 4 to 5 different shows with Rappers wifes, NBA wifes, and Mob wifes, it's like an entire channel dedicated to obliterating the English language, not even BET is this unwatchable.

• My Little Pony

Yes and where Im not fluent in Ebonics, I cannot watch it, and that TI show, is just one in a block of Rappers shows, you've also got, The Game, with his own show, that little dude, with the high voice, I dont even know his name, then you've got like 4 to 5 different shows with Rappers wifes, NBA wifes, and Mob wifes, it's like an entire channel dedicated to obliterating the English language, not even BET is this unwatchable.

I find it funny that you're criticizing a station for allegedly obliterating the English language, while you seem to have forgotten how to spell "wives."

You find that funny? then you'd really enjoy VH1 Nolan, why dont you check it out? you might have your new comedy network! what are you? my fucking English teacher? I know I spelled ASSHOLE! correctly, but anyways...

Some people are good at spelling and some are not. To me, that has little to no bearing on how one speaks. So he spelled a word or 3 wrong but it came across as English, not street slang, which is not English at all. It's atrocious.

I guess I can click on the little red lines underneath the words I misspell, but that takes way to long, so its not like Im not aware of the words, I just dont give a fuck, you guys get the idea.

Awwww snap, dawg, don't be hatin' on tha Vee-H, knum'sayin'? Muhfuggin' "Basketball Wives" is THA BOMB DIGGITY, a'ight? Fo shizzle!

Sheeeeiiiittt! uz no exacto wats I be speakin bout an shit, no wat i sayin an shit?

Hellz yea dawg! Dat "Luv n Hip Hop" is off tha sheezy, knum'sayin'? Shit is REAL dawg! Word is bond!

Somebody stop me... I could do that all day

My question is: Why?

MTV and MTV had already been BET and BET2 (or NTV and NTV2 for the less politically correct) for 15+ years now. Do we really need yet another music channel that is no longer a music channel that caters to the exact same demographic?

Makes no sense.

In actuality though, I haven't watched VH1 in years. I wish VH1 Classic were available in HD though; I'd likely watch it more. SD on a 70" screen doesn't quite cut it.

I wish VH1 Classic were available in HD though; I'd likely watch it more.

We recently cut back our cable package to save a couple of bucks and VH1 Classic was one the casualties. At first I thought I'd miss it but I really don't. If I want to watch old music videos there's always YouTube, and I f*cking despise Eddie "The Pillsbury Metal Boy" Trunk's "That Metal Show."

The only thing about it that I miss were the various music documentaries that they'd run (though honestly, there's only so many times you can watch "Flight 666" or "Anvil! The Story of Anvil")... but even those were starting to lose ground to more non-music crap like reruns of "Married With Children" and 80s movies anyway.

Also, if you're into heavier material don't forget the Internet TV channel that Dave (manicego) has been promoting:

http://www.heavymetaltelevision.com

FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy-Metal-Television/104983309667024

Articles about it:

http://www.examiner.com/article/heavy-metal-television-founder-eric-braverman-brings-back-the-videos-to-the-fans

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2013-08-08/music/mesa-s-heavy-metal-television-revives-a-classic-format/

My only complaint is the low video resolution. I wish there were a high-definition version... I'd pay a monthly subscription fee for that.

Well Dan, NTV isnt really primed to the same demo it has been, now they mostly run shit for tweens, and teens, you know like I am a 15 year old pregnant bitch, that took every guy in the school one at a time in the mens room! shit like that, they run a show called Ridiculousness, which is about the only watchable thing on there, but it follows the Jack-ass demo, as it's hosted by a skater\snowboarder, and show videos of people getting fucked up on their boards, and various other shit that you can see on Tosh.O, both stations play videos very early in the morning, and as you guessed, it's your standard videos, top 10 shit, but yeah NTV, is now overtakin by NC1, sponsored by Soul Glow!!

I can't stand any of those NTV shows. Never did. I can't understand either why VH1 would go the Harlem route. Black shows and movies never do well. Why put on a whole channel of shows that are utterly useless. If the producers didn't script fights on these shows they wouldn't have any viewers. Its pathetic that these "music" channels show no musc. Change the names of both channels and move on.

I dont think it's irony that they are both owned by Viacom, who even wants them to show music Chris, look how good pop up video did on it's return last year, all they would show is the "Ger" videos, but yeah, it's really unwatchable, I like the music video channel out of Canada, do you remember what it's called? it used to be Muchmusic, now I think it's Fuse or something like that, it's not bad at all, and guess what, they even play videos, I must admit I haven't watched it for a while, but last time I did, I actually watched for a couple hours, and I saw few Kinky tops on there.

I dont think it's irony that they are both owned by Viacom, who even wants them to show music Chris, look how good pop up video did on it's return last year, all they would show is the "Ger" videos, but yeah, it's really unwatchable, I like the music video channel out of Canada, do you remember what it's called? it used to be Muchmusic, now I think it's Fuse or something like that, it's not bad at all, and guess what, they even play videos, I must admit I haven't watched it for a while, but last time I did, I actually watched for a couple hours, and I saw few Kinky tops on there.

Yea I think that's it. Fuse. Not too bad. There's another one I have on Comcast. Its called Palladia. Has a variety of stuff and even playing some metal and rock shows. More concerts than videos but at least its not all "ger" videos.

Yeah I saw that Doors Live at the LA Garden on that station, they do play some good shit.