Sean Delaney

Leykis101

So I was tracking some songs with a band today, and the other guy producing with me, says he's the nephew of a guy named Sean Delaney, apparently the 5th member of Kiss, and one of the guys that discovered them, I have never heard of this guy, he's dead now, but reading up on him, this guy aint kidding, do any of you guys know of him? I guess he released a solo album, and was in a band called the skatt brothers, what do you guys know about him?

I know of his work with KISS -- he was a member of their "camp" in the early days, co-wrote some songs on the first couple of records and during their 70s ascent he was sorta like their stage manager/roadie/all around go-fer. Rumor has it that he was also KISS manager Bill Aucoin's "partner" if you know what I mean (wink wink nudge nudge say no more).

When I used to go to KISS conventions/expos in the early 90s it seemed like he was always there with a table or booth, selling prints of old photos of him with Gene and Paul, etc. I know at one point he was supposedly writing a book about his days with KISS, but I don't know if he ever actually released it.

Wikipedia sez he died in 2003, I wasn't aware of that. That's a bummer. I only spoke with him in passing at one or two KISS Expos but he seemed like a pretty cool guy and his Q&A sessions were entertaining, he had a lot of good stories.

I know of his work with KISS -- he was a member of their "camp" in the early days, co-wrote some songs on the first couple of records and during their 70s ascent he was sorta like their stage manager/roadie/all around go-fer. Rumor has it that he was also KISS manager Bill Aucoin's "partner" if you know what I mean (wink wink nudge nudge say no more).

When I used to go to KISS conventions/expos in the early 90s it seemed like he was always there with a table or booth, selling prints of old photos of him with Gene and Paul, etc. I know at one point he was supposedly writing a book about his days with KISS, but I don't know if he ever actually released it.

Wikipedia sez he died in 2003, I wasn't aware of that. That's a bummer. I only spoke with him in passing at one or two KISS Expos but he seemed like a pretty cool guy and his Q&A sessions were entertaining, he had a lot of good stories.

Well damn bro, thats way more then I was expecting to hear, I really felt like a dipshit, being so supposedly well informed and a big mouth on my rock and metal knowledge, I was really hit blindsided, I mean yeah I wasnt even born when he was relevant, but thats no excuse, I hate that I dont know everything, it makes me want to go ballistic, even though it's impossible, nothing upsets me more, but thanks for your info, at least I have some sort of idea about the guy, I figured I wouldve at least heard of him, what a trip.

I live to serve. (tips hat)

Ha Ha, I wish I could find a chick with that slogan! (I flip my hat over and hold it out)

Sean was very involved in Starz as well. I do believe Richie (Ranno) told me, Sean came up with the name Starz. They were going by the name Fallen Angels. He cowrote a few of their songs as well.

Oh no shit? so you know who he as well, were Starz affiliated with Kiss in any way shape or form? damn it's becoming very apparent, this dude was a fucking busy dude, makes me kind of wonder what other bands he started, or helped launch? have any of you heard the band he fronted called The Skatt Brothers? that sounds like someone who would be on tour with Oakridge Boys, or Alabama, but I have a feeling they are not country, maybe they are? which Starz songs did he write? I'm looking through my Starz discs right now rolling around the CD inlays scanning for the writing creds, it will probably take me a little while to bash through every disc, so if you know which songs or even better which albums he's on, I would appreciate it highly bro.

were Starz affiliated with Kiss in any way shape or form?

Bill Aucoin managed both bands for a while in the 70s. According to my good friend Dr. Wik E. Pedia, Delaney was the guy who "discovered" Starz and brought them to Aucoin's attention.

Starz guitarist Richie Ranno is also one of the organizers behind the annual KISS Expo in New Jersey.

So I was tracking some songs with a band today, and the other guy producing with me, says he's the nephew of a guy named Sean Delaney, apparently the 5th member of Kiss, and one of the guys that discovered them, I have never heard of this guy, he's dead now, but reading up on him, this guy aint kidding, do any of you guys know of him? I guess he released a solo album, and was in a band called the skatt brothers, what do you guys know about him?

I worked with Sean in 1999 / 2000 on an unreleased country rock album from a band called Smith & Jackson, featuring Paul Jackson from Roadhouse (Pete Willis' band). I believe he passed away in 2001 or 2002. Don't remember exactly when but it was shortly after we finished the record.