New Melodic Rock project I am involved in...

Shawn Of Fire

Since the video with snippets of the mixing sessions was presented yesterday on my FB page, I feel good about letting this particular cat poke his face out of the bag a little.

Earlier in 2013 I was approached by Alan Kelly (founding member and drummer for UK Melodic Rock legends Shy) about providing lead vocals for a new project he was working on. Being a sane person, I accepted.

Now, many months later, the project has a name (which I will divulge later) and the album is in the final mixing stages (as evidenced by Alan's video that I shared yesterday) and I am very excited about the impending release!

All songs were written by Alan himself, and the recording also features ex-Shy bassist Roy Davis!

I think you guys are gonna dig this!

I've actually been talking to Roy about this (and Alan hit me up a few weeks back on Facebook) ... yep, it's gonna be pretty cool, indeed.

Did Alan or Roy let you hear any of it yet? I am waiting for the final mix session on Nov30 for any final tweaks before I hear it...

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard all 12 unmastered mixes...I am really excited for you guys to hear this!!

You big tease!

Can't you post a snippet or two for us to listen to? :)

I have heard all 12 unmastered mixes...I am really excited for you guys to hear this!!

You big tease!

Can't you post a snippet or two for us to listen to? :)

Not without permission, sadly. It's coming though! The launchpad is being prepped as we speak!

I've actually been talking to Roy about this (and Alan hit me up a few weeks back on Facebook) ... yep, it's gonna be pretty cool, indeed.

Did Alan or Roy let you hear any of it yet? I am waiting for the final mix session on Nov30 for any final tweaks before I hear it...

So far I've only heard "You Lie" (which is fantastic) but I should be hearing several more in the next week or so. Get rid of the drummer and the bass player and you might have a great album here! LOL Obviously kidding - this is how we all speak to each other with that bunch ....

So far I've only heard "You Lie" (which is fantastic) but I should be hearing several more in the next week or so. Get rid of the drummer and the bass player and you might have a great album here! LOL Obviously kidding - this is how we all speak to each other with that bunch ....

That's awesome! Glad you're digging it!

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

NEW SONG TO PREMIERE TONIGHT ON ARFM "FRY-DAY WITH FRY"!!

Listen tonight on ARFM.com for Pete Fry's show Fry-Day W/ Fry to hear the world premiere of the song from this project (Pete w/ tell you the band name then... ;) )

What time?

• My Little Pony

I've spent over an hour getting it to buffer to your track. It's finally within reach, but I'm gonna finish "Superheroes," then skip Loveblast.

• My Little Pony

About damn time! Well worth the wait. I look forward to hearing that through a proper system, not internet radio.

• 1 month later...