Grand Design - Thrill Of The Night

Stefan

Reading all the comments on this seems to indicate an excellent release for the band. Thinking about the tracks, after I played them, and the comments, I came to the conclusion that here is something out of the ordinary. Have you noticed how so much that is released today is "repititious"? Rehash!! This album seems very fresh with very catchy songs, more innovative for lack of a better term. I believe this is going to be their best release! I like this one!!!

Oh, and when I pulled up the video track "Rawk n Roll Heart Attack", I almost thought I was preparing to watch the new ROCK SUGAR track.....LOL!!!!

• My Little Pony

Reading all the comments on this seems to indicate an excellent release for the band. Thinking about the tracks, after I played them, and the comments, I came to the conclusion that here is something out of the ordinary. Have you noticed how so much that is released today is "repititious"? Rehash!! This album seems very fresh with very catchy songs, more innovative for lack of a better term. I believe this is going to be their best release! I like this one!!

You may be on to something. I really love this album, too. Yeah, it does feel fresh, even if they are the spiritual successor to Def Leppard.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My biggest problem with this band is just the lead vocals are hard to understand.. Otherwise productions seem great to me.

Agree.

I bought this album recently. I've never paid much attention to these guys but thought I'd give it a chance since I'll likely be seeing them at MRF5 and wanted to get a little bit familiar with some songs.

I'm struggling with it. The music and melodies are pretty good and love the Def Leppard style vibes....But just think the singer is pretty bad. I don't know if it's bad or just that I have a hard time understanding what he's saying 3/4 of the time.

I like the production, all the hooks, some great guitar work and some good choruses. It's just the vocals that are holding it back for me. I pretty much find myself just listening to the music and choruses and sort of zoning out for the verses.

Will probably give it a couple more spins to see if it can grow on me at all.