New Device - Here we stand

Captain Howdy

Second album from these Brit rockers is finally due to drop on May 6th with the single Save you life is out April 29th.

I only picked up the first album last year and was totally addicted to it, so I have extremely high hopes for this one.

They certainly have a better image now as well (ignore the costumes, thats just for the cover, so they are not going a My Chemical Romance route)

320038_10151440035472655_392555199_n.jpg

Ok, so the album finally showed this morning as the bank holiday delayed the post and I have to say I am impressed. While it is a little more reliant on slower paced tracks this time, and there arent as many "instant" songs, it is high quality throughout (I also added the b-side track Bring the stones to the digital rip), with pretty much the same style of the debut. Daniels vocals are instantly recognisable, which is a good thing as only he and drummer Greg Rozzy Ison are the only members left from the debut.

On interesting fact is that the album was mastered by Harry Hess.

Intrigued by this one, as the first single is killer....

90 second samples on itunes sounded really boring to me :-(

The single was by far the best track and really this is pretty disappointing after the awesome debut.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, that single is amazing. I didn't realise this was out but I'll listen to it tomorrow. I wasn't aware that most the guys had left that band - that's disappointing, but good to hear the vocalist is still there. I'll report back asap. Thanks for the heads up!

For anyone interested in this band, there are 3 non-album tracks available that I know of.

The lone ride, which is a single b-side from the first album.

Def Leppard cover Photograph which was/is downloadable free from the website.

And Bring the stones, the b-side from the current single.

• 2 months later...

I have to say my initial impression of the songs not being as instant was complete bullshit. I have not stopped playing this album since it came out, and quite often put it into a playlist with the debut and play it on shuffle.

The songs The Lone Ride and Bring The Stones are as good as anything on both albums, and blend superbly into the mix.

So far this is easily my album of the year, and I think even Reckless Love is gonna struggle to top it.

• 3 weeks later...

I like this one too, sitting around the 80% mark. I was a little disappointed that the rockers don't blow my mind, apart from the clear album highlight, 'Save your life.' But there are some other really good songs like 'New York,' 'Another life,' and 'End of hope.' A good disc for sure, but I do prefer that debut.

• 2 weeks later...