Lowside - S/T debut album

darin

Hard to get a good feel for the songs with those little samples. It does sound like a bit of a miss, though. Although, there sounds a few pretty decent hooks. But it's still slow and dreary, like Lillian Axe. Definitely not too excited about this.

Former Bassist Darrin Delatte is also in this band. I always loved Ron's voice and it still sounds good here. Yes it's a darker and heavier musically but there are some good riffs and vocals in there. I might investigate this further but would like it more if Ron and Stevie would just make another LA disc together and then when LA tours they can get a guest vocalist.

• 10 years later...

Couple of new songs;

Songs aren't great, but to be fair, I'd call 'Our song' better than anything I've heard from Lillian Axe since Ron left, for whatever that's worth. And his voice still sounds well on point. 

Anyway, I found this far more interesting than either of these new songs. Sounds like a good fella, and it's a good, interesting interview; 

23 hours ago, Geoff said:

Couple of new songs;

Songs aren't great, but to be fair, I'd call 'Our song' better than anything I've heard from Lillian Axe since Ron left, for whatever that's worth. And his voice still sounds well on point. 

Anyway, I found this far more interesting than either of these new songs. Sounds like a good fella, and it's a good, interesting interview; 

Just listened to that interview last night. Great interview and I agree he seems like a great guy. Was always one of my favorite singers. Loved the first 4 Lillian albums.

Don’t love his Lowside stuff.

4 hours ago, Whatever Happened To Fun? said:

Just listened to that interview last night. Great interview and I agree he seems like a great guy. Was always one of my favorite singers. Loved the first 4 Lillian albums.

Don’t love his Lowside stuff.

Yeah, comes across as a humble dude with a healthy priority for what's truly important in life, being his children/family. 

The new music certainly isn't great, but it and the interview as well as Lillian Axe's output since he was not in the band definitely makes me believe I underestimated his input in the band. For whatever reason, I generally assumed Lillian Axe was Steve Blaze's project with the other guys just adding what you hear on the albums. But I tend to think Ron Taylor was probably a lot more than "just" a voice. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 5:02 AM, Geoff said:

Yeah, comes across as a humble dude with a healthy priority for what's truly important in life, being his children/family. 

The new music certainly isn't great, but it and the interview as well as Lillian Axe's output since he was not in the band definitely makes me believe I underestimated his input in the band. For whatever reason, I generally assumed Lillian Axe was Steve Blaze's project with the other guys just adding what you hear on the albums. But I tend to think Ron Taylor was probably a lot more than "just" a voice. 

Assuming you have heard of Stiff, Ron’s band before Lillian? Thought his voice and their songs were great back then.

8 hours ago, Whatever Happened To Fun? said:

Assuming you have heard of Stiff, Ron’s band before Lillian? Thought his voice and their songs were great back then.

Not heard them, to be honest. Do they have albums? 

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

Not heard them, to be honest. Do they have albums? 

They had a 5 song EP called Straight Up, which included their version of My Number. Lots of live concert videos on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/na0uqk9DT8w?si=NHcLvEMaHagW-t5I

• Thanks 1