Loudguns - Sunset Runaway

Stefan

Yeah I like this album a lot but as Geoff has stated no absolute stand out or killer tracks. The opening track is my favourite after a few spins but I do need to play the album some more. A good solid effort overall.

• 6 months later...

Finally this is gonna be released on CD. I got his email:

Finland's very own Loudguns continues to stand loud 'n' proud for as they have just signed a record deal with Rock It Up Records/City Of Lights Records from Germany. "This is a great way to start our new year, it's a dream come true. We've been offered all kinds of deals throughout the past 4 years but finally we found something we can rely on. It's really heartwarming to know that there are actually still labels out there who cares about the form of art, which is music and we are truly honored to work with this label."

"Rock It Up Records/City Of Lights Records will release our second album Sunset runaway on CD during the spring. We can't tell you the exact dates yet but keep following and we'll let everyone know asap." - Sami Pilve.

I like Sunset Runaway a lot, good stuff. And great news on the CD release! And a surprise somewhat because I had messaged the band in December on Facebook asking where I could their CD's and this was the response:

Hey Jeff, unfortunately you can't! Our first album was sold out a while ago and we're not printing the second album yet. Too expensive and even though we'd not like to sound like assholes but we have to turn this into a working business.

Take care and wish you all the best!!

- Sami Pilve

I like Sunset Runaway a lot, good stuff. And great news on the CD release! And a surprise somewhat because I had messaged the band in December on Facebook asking where I could their CD's and this was the response:

Hey Jeff, unfortunately you can't! Our first album was sold out a while ago and we're not printing the second album yet. Too expensive and even though we'd not like to sound like assholes but we have to turn this into a working business.

- Sami Pilve

You're in for a treat my friend... ;)

- Sami Pilve

You're in for a treat my friend... ;)

Keep me posted if you get the skinny on the CD release since you are right in the thick of things there bud! :headbanger:

• 8 months later...

News from Loudguns:

The Finnish Sixguns are at it again! Creating new hard rock hits to rock the hell out of every 80's rocker there is! The new single "Who needs a heaven" is a little taste of the new Loudguns album titled "Revolution Days" which is set to be released in 2016.

However the 3rd album won't be featuring the voice of the singer Lassi Vääränen anymore, for as the band will be heading to studio with a new singer in January.

"We're truly awesome friends with Lassi and forever will be, it's just that all the schedules became impossible to fit in, so it was Lassi's decision as a gentleman he is to leave the band for as he didn't want to be the one slowing things down. I really appreciate it and we wish Lassi the best of luck with everything! With this said "Who needs a heaven" is the last song with Lassi on vocals and it won't be featured on the 3rd album, so it's a super special release." - Sami Pilve

Hmmm, I hope the vocalist wasn't the main song writer as that is about the best song I've heard from these guys so far. Quite nice. I genuinely wish these guys well and hope the new vocalist brings a new dimension to these guys.

Hmmm, I hope the vocalist wasn't the main song writer as that is about the best song I've heard from these guys so far. Quite nice. I genuinely wish these guys well and hope the new vocalist brings a new dimension to these guys.

I think it's the guitarist, Sami Pilve, who is the main songwriter in the band.

On a side note, Lassi is the new singer for Arion.

• 1 month later...

So where can you get the CD....I'd still like to get the 1st CD as well...

'Sunset Runaway' is only released digitally. For now. Hopefully there will be a physical cd as well.

Physical cd can be bought here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOUDGUNS-Sunset-Runaway-CD-o140a-/262199617377?hash=item3d0c50a761:g:eLMAAOSwbdpWbVnT

So where can you get the CD....I'd still like to get the 1st CD as well...

'Sunset Runaway' is only released digitally. For now. Hopefully there will be a physical cd as well.

Physical cd can be bought here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOUDGUNS-Sunset-Runaway-CD-o140a-/262199617377?hash=item3d0c50a761:g:eLMAAOSwbdpWbVnT

Thanks..I just picked one up...

• 8 months later...

News from the Loudguns camp:

Loudguns announce new singer!

Finlands very own hard rock six-piece announce new singer Olli Kärki into the line-up. Almost a year went by when their former singer left the group but now the band is getting reloaded.

"We are super excited to have Olli as our new singer. Olli is without a doubt one of the greatest rock singers ever to come out of Finland and he is very charismatic frontman. His tone is similar to Sammy Hagar and I was just blown away when I heard his voice for the first time. When we auditioned him the poor guy had just survived a very tough cold and still he sang like a true warrior! Both the band and Olli are very excited to make the 3rd Loudguns album the best there is and the new songs are pure hit circus, so we can't wait to hit the studio." - Sami Pilve.

Loudguns will announce more news to come very soon. To get the latest info keep checking the official Loudguns website or the bands social media.

• My Little Pony

Wait, so the last guy straight up quit the band to join Arion? And, no doubt, ruined them. But now maybe Loudguns will be worth listening to.