Paul DiAnno retiring...

Fat Freddy

From Blabbermouth:

Former IRON MAIDEN Singer PAUL DI'ANNO Announces 'Farewell' Tour - July 9, 2012

Due to a number of health issues, including a knee problem which will require surgery soon, former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno has announced that he will stop touring next year.

In a statement to his fans released earlier today, Paul said, "I am gonna be 'pulling the plug' next year 2013, and making it my 'farewell tour'... It was good whilst it lasted."

According to Michael Salenius, Di'Anno's Swedish booking manager and tour manager, next year will be "a big, fantastic" last touring year for Paul, with a lot of solo shows, festival appearances and Di'Anno vs. Blaze Bayley concerts. You will also see various guest musicians joining Paul on stage.

Di'Anno recorded two classic albums with IRON MAIDEN before being fired and replaced by Bruce Dickinson. He went on to front a number of other bands, including KILLERS and BATTLEZONE, and released several solo records.

"DiAnno Vs. Blaze Bayley concerts?" Now that might actually be interesting. :blink:

He looked well rough in the pictures I saw if him yesterday. He must look back & think 'if only.........I could have been a better singer!'

Private jets vs benefits cheat

Not a difficult choice really

He looked well rough in the pictures I saw if him yesterday. He must look back & think 'if only.........I could have been a better singer!'

Private jets vs benefits cheat

Not a difficult choice really

Yeah, sounds like he f***ed up pretty badly over the years. According to Wikipedia (not always accurate, I know) he's been into drugs, wife abuse as well as benefit fraud. Hardly a distinguished career.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the first two Maiden albums, but Di'Anno pissed it all away ...

• 2 weeks later...