Summer Movies 2012

Jacob M.

Yesterday I watched The Avengers. Up front I must say that I hadn't planned on it. I was in Tulsa waiting to talk to someone. I couldn't go home so I watched a movie. The show was after 5:00 so I paid full price. The movie was in 3D so they added another $3. So I paid $12 to watch one movie. That is the most I have ever paid. Anyway, the movie itself was pretty good. I liked the story and how the characters interacted with each other. The 3D really didn't add much. A few of the scenes looked cool, but for the most part the movie appeared 2D.

As much as I enjoyed the film I started to get the feeling I had already seen it before. The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen came to mind. Considering no one watched that movie I'm guessing it slipped by most. I hope I'm not the only one who sees it.

Before the movie I got to enjoy 20+ minutes of previews. I got to see a preview of the new Spider-man. I'm honestly not sure what to think. It's not like any Spider-man I've ever seen. It almost seems as though they put the Spider-man character in the Batman Begins story. Very strange stuff. That Prometheus movie looks lame. The only other preview I remember is the new Dark Knight one. It looked promising, but I honestly have no idea what the story is really about.

Any thoughts on this summers movies?

Yesterday I watched The Avengers. Up front I must say that I hadn't planned on it. I was in Tulsa waiting to talk to someone. I couldn't go home so I watched a movie. The show was after 5:00 so I paid full price. The movie was in 3D so they added another $3. So I paid $12 to watch one movie. That is the most I have ever paid. Anyway, the movie itself was pretty good. I liked the story and how the characters interacted with each other. The 3D really didn't add much. A few of the scenes looked cool, but for the most part the movie appeared 2D.

As much as I enjoyed the film I started to get the feeling I had already seen it before. The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen came to mind. Considering no one watched that movie I'm guessing it slipped by most. I hope I'm not the only one who sees it.

Before the movie I got to enjoy 20+ minutes of previews. I got to see a preview of the new Spider-man. I'm honestly not sure what to think. It's not like any Spider-man I've ever seen. It almost seems as though they put the Spider-man character in the Batman Begins story. Very strange stuff. That Prometheus movie looks lame. The only other preview I remember is the new Dark Knight one. It looked promising, but I honestly have no idea what the story is really about.

Any thoughts on this summers movies?

I just so the Avengers on Wednesday for $6.50, no 3d shit. I liked it. Batman looks pretty good, Spiderman-saw the trailer on line and did not think it looked that great,but saw tha trailer on tv and at the theater and thought it looked better. I have all the superhero/comic book movies on dvd, ijust think that they are highly entertaining, plus I have a 6 and 4 year old (boys) who I think will like these movies when they get a little older.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen much of this summers offerings. I'll likely have to catch up at the dollar theater. The results so far have suprised me. The kid friendly Snow White didn't do do that great, but the much darker Kristen Stewart one has done really well. Adam Sandlers newest movie tanked, but a perverted talking bear is a big hit. The #1 and #2 movies last week at the box office were both rated R. Piranha 3DD didn't even make a blip on the radar. It supposedly came out at the beginning of last month, but I'm not sure if it even made it to this area. The new Spider-man appears to be doing great business. The reviews say it's everything the last series should have been. It's hard for me to believe it could be that much better. The first two movies didn't exactly set the bar low.

I never go to the movies anymore so I won't be seeing any of 'em till they hit DVD. Check back with me in three or four months. :D