OXYGEN - FINAL WARNING (Talon meets TNT)

DrumRman

• 4 weeks later...

Just added samples of all the tracks:

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=6171&CDName=Final+Warning

Sounds more to me like scandi AOR e.g., Grand Illusion.

Excellent stuff!

-Dan

Thanks Dan. Sounds good. Not a wild fan of the vocals, but the songs sound pretty sweet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This disc wow-ed me right from the start, I think Dan's right, this is pretty much Scandi-AOR, probably more in the line of Final Frontier but without the alien/spacey vocal of Rob Moratti :)

'Janitor of Love', what a lousy pick of title but man that's one hell of a song, love it !

I guess everything is enjoyable here, I don't see no bad track, perhaps the title track which has average verse, but then the chorus is pretty good. Winners are that Janitor thing, 'When Tomorrow Never Comes', 'I Remember' which is quite slow and a bit sappy ballad but felt grand which is a good thing, 'We Must Fight' is awesome, and 'I Wanna Know For Sure' sounds fantastic !

'Best Days of Our Lives' is also very good, well one spin is just not enough, need to get back asap, but I think this belongs in the higher territory, perhaps 85%-90%

• 2 months later...

Is the title track not as bad as the worst song you've heard all hear? Funny that both these guys and Estrella have made what are 2 of the worst songs I've heard this year - both title tracks.

Nice enough album, that would have rated higher if not for that title track. Ended up with a respectable 68% but probably deserved to be in the early to mid 70's if they hadn't blemished it with that rubbish title track.

• 2 months later...