2014 MUSTANG

66 mustang

I'm sure we have all seen the commercials for the 2013 Mustangs.pretty sweet I must say. But now I have read that Ford wants to change the Mustang body style to a more sleek european style and get away from the "muscle car" tag it has. BIG mistake in my opinion. They tried that back in the early 90 when they were going to drop the Mustang and move the Ford Probe into it's spot. BUT what is Ford went in this direction?

535803_413524481990923_128511370492237_1650492_2075112374_n.jpg

That concept looks too much like a Jag and/or Aston.

That it does. That top photo looks pretty bad ass from the front! I thought they did a pretty good job with that "new" type body style in making it look like a late 60's early 70's stang...

Yes all joking aside, I am a big Vette guy. But when I saw the top pic I was like...oh no...:( That thing kicks ass! Then I saw how short it was, smallish. Took all the effect away imo.

The Next Ford Mustang Will Look a Lot Like This Evos Concept

2015 model year Ford muscle car will ditch retro styling in order to appeal to younger buyers.

By Joshua Condon Mon 2:25 PM

Share 164

It seems the Ford Mustang's long run of retro-nostalgic styling may have come to an end: according to Matt Ramsey at the Wall Street Journal, citing sources familiar with Ford's plans and who have seen the next Mustang, the 2015 model year iteration of the iconic muscle car will retain some of the traditional styling cues used currently -- the long hood/short deck proportioning, round headlamps and shark-nosed grille -- but will also mark a "radical makeover" of the current model. Dishearteningly, the sources claim that the new Mustang will look more like the Ford Fusion than the current Mustang -- though on the plus side, they also say the new car will resemble an Aston Martin and "is almost a body double for the Evos concept car that Ford showed at the last fall."

Ramsey cites several reasons for the decision to ditch the retro styling, including the need to appeal to the 80 million or so Generation Y buyers for whom the throwback cues to the original '64 Mustang don't mean as much. Sales, too, have been slipping, down 4.4 percent from 2010 and more than half from the car's peak, in 2006. The other retro Detroit muscle, the Dodge Challenger and Chevrolet Camaro, each outsold the Mustang last month.

Ford has made no secret that the retro Mustang styling won't be around forever, and the Evos' sheetmetal has aggression and charm to spare; however, while we would welcome the cloud-connectivity and fastback styling, other details -- namely the bizarre dual gullwing doors and plug-in hybrid powertrain -- simply don't belong anywhere near a Mustang.

• 5 months later...

some different direction from Ford now. The redesign will not be as radical as that concept. It will be more small, like the 64-66 were with a hint of european style to it but here is the kicker, they are also going to make it into a sedan. Yes, you heard it correct, Mustangs will have the option to be a 4-door vehicle

2014-ford-mustang-concept-1024x768.jpg

2014-ford-mustang-sedan-02_gallery_image_large.jpg