2014 MUSTANG

66 mustang

I'm sure we have all seen the commercials for the 2013 Mustangs.pretty sweet I must say. But now I have read that Ford wants to change the Mustang body style to a more sleek european style and get away from the "muscle car" tag it has. BIG mistake in my opinion. They tried that back in the early 90 when they were going to drop the Mustang and move the Ford Probe into it's spot. BUT what is Ford went in this direction?

535803_413524481990923_128511370492237_1650492_2075112374_n.jpg

That concept looks too much like a Jag and/or Aston.

That it does. That top photo looks pretty bad ass from the front! I thought they did a pretty good job with that "new" type body style in making it look like a late 60's early 70's stang...

Yes all joking aside, I am a big Vette guy. But when I saw the top pic I was like...oh no...:( That thing kicks ass! Then I saw how short it was, smallish. Took all the effect away imo.

The Next Ford Mustang Will Look a Lot Like This Evos Concept

2015 model year Ford muscle car will ditch retro styling in order to appeal to younger buyers.

By Joshua Condon Mon 2:25 PM

Share 164

It seems the Ford Mustang's long run of retro-nostalgic styling may have come to an end: according to Matt Ramsey at the Wall Street Journal, citing sources familiar with Ford's plans and who have seen the next Mustang, the 2015 model year iteration of the iconic muscle car will retain some of the traditional styling cues used currently -- the long hood/short deck proportioning, round headlamps and shark-nosed grille -- but will also mark a "radical makeover" of the current model. Dishearteningly, the sources claim that the new Mustang will look more like the Ford Fusion than the current Mustang -- though on the plus side, they also say the new car will resemble an Aston Martin and "is almost a body double for the Evos concept car that Ford showed at the last fall."

Ramsey cites several reasons for the decision to ditch the retro styling, including the need to appeal to the 80 million or so Generation Y buyers for whom the throwback cues to the original '64 Mustang don't mean as much. Sales, too, have been slipping, down 4.4 percent from 2010 and more than half from the car's peak, in 2006. The other retro Detroit muscle, the Dodge Challenger and Chevrolet Camaro, each outsold the Mustang last month.

Ford has made no secret that the retro Mustang styling won't be around forever, and the Evos' sheetmetal has aggression and charm to spare; however, while we would welcome the cloud-connectivity and fastback styling, other details -- namely the bizarre dual gullwing doors and plug-in hybrid powertrain -- simply don't belong anywhere near a Mustang.

• 5 months later...

some different direction from Ford now. The redesign will not be as radical as that concept. It will be more small, like the 64-66 were with a hint of european style to it but here is the kicker, they are also going to make it into a sedan. Yes, you heard it correct, Mustangs will have the option to be a 4-door vehicle

2014-ford-mustang-concept-1024x768.jpg

2014-ford-mustang-sedan-02_gallery_image_large.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Brilliant album...oh how I pine for a follow up 
    • Releases July 26. $47.08 at ImportCDs: https://www.importcds.com/dynamite-china-years-complete-recordings-1988-1993/5013929929920 8CD complete collection of recordings released by China Records. Featuring what most consider to be the classic line-up of The Dogs D'Amour; Jo 'Dog' Almeida on guitar, Steve James on bass, the onomatopoeic Bam on drums, and of course fronted by songwriter and singer, the inimitable Tyla. Propelled by the albums' three singles 'The Kid from Kensington', 'I Don't Want You to Go' and 'How Come It Never Rains' edging their way up the charts, when The Dogs D'Amour's genre-defining 1988 "debut" 'In The Dynamite Jet Saloon' (CD2) was released in 1988, it must have looked like the band was an overnight sensation. But this couldn't have been further from the truth. The Dogs D'Amour originally formed in 1983, and had already recorded two previous "debut" albums. First was 1984's now highly collectable 'The State We're In', for Finnish label Kumibeat. Further recordings were made in 1985 and 1986 for Watanabe Records in Japan, and it's the latter where this collection kicks off. 'The (Un)Authorised Bootleg Album' (CD1) was the record originally intended for Japan. The second set in this collection is the aforementioned In 'The Dynamite Jet Saloon' (CD2), bursting with classics. A highly prolific band in their earliest days, 'Errol Flynn' (re-titled 'King Of The Thieves' in the States) (CD3) was released in 1989 as was the extended mini-album, 'A Graveyard Of Empty Bottles Vol. 1' (CD4), a collection of acoustic songs that reached the UK Top 20. 1990 saw the release of '... Straight?!!' (CD5) featuring the singles 'Victims of Success', 'Empty World' and 'Back On The Juice'. Unfortunately, and in true rock 'n' roll tradition, the band split up on stage in Los Angeles in 1991. Thankfully the band regrouped for the self-explanatory '... More Unchartered Heights Of Disgrace' (CD6) in 1993. This eight CD collection is completed with no less than two discs of rarities, live tracks and B-sides with 'Singles, B-Sides & Rarities' (CD7) and 'Even More Singles, B-Sides & Rarities' (CD8), making this the most complete and comprehensive collection of the band's recordings for China.   - Disc 1 - 1 Firework Girl 2 Chains 3 Gold 4 Pourin' Out My Heart 5 Wait Until I'm Dead 6 How Do You Fall in Love Again? 7 Kiss This Joint 8 Heroine 9 Tales of Destruction 10 Dynamite Jet Saloon 11 Swingin' the Bottle - Disc 2 - 1 Debauchery 2 I Don't Want You to Go 3 How Come It Never Rains 4 Last Bandit 5 Medicine Man 6 Gonna Get It Right 7 Everything I Want 8 Heartbreak 9 Billy Two Rivers 10 Wait Until I'm Dead 11 Sometimes 12 The Kid from Kensington 13 The State I'm in - Disc 3 - 1 Drunk Like Me 2 Goddess from the Gutter 3 Hurricane 4 Satellite Kid 5 Errol Flynn 6 Planetary Pied Piper 7 Princess Valium 8 Dogs Hair 9 Trail of Tears 10 Ballad of Jack 11 The Prettiest Girl in the World 12 The Girl Behind the Glass 13 Things Seem to Go Wrong 14 Oooh! Baby Glass - Disc 4 - 1 I Think It's (Love Again) 2 So Once Was I 3 Comfort of the Devil 4 Saviour 5 Errol Flynn 6 The Bullet Proof Poet 7 When the Dream Has Gone 8 Angel 9 Cardboard Town 10 Kiss My Heart Goodbye 11 Lie in This Land 12 You Can't Burn the Devil 13 Gypsy Blood 14 Empty World 15 Back on the Juice 16 Evil 17 Victims of Success 18 Flyin' Solo 19 Heroine 20 Chiva 21 Lady Nicotine - Disc 5 - 1 What's Happening Here? 2 What You Do 3 Pretty, Pretty Once 4 World's Different Now (Ode to Drug Hill) 5 Mr Addiction 6 Johnny Silvers 7 Cath 8 More Unchartered Heights of Disgrace 9 Scared of Dying 10 Mr Barfly 11 Put It in Her Arms 12 All or Nothing 13 English Outlaw 14 No Gypsy Blood '93 15 Hard to Leave This World 16 When Nobody Loves You - Disc 6 - 1 King of the Thieves 2 Ugly 3 Billy Two Rivers (Live) 4 Victims of Success (Live) 5 I Don't Want You to Go (Live) 6 Ballad of Jack (Live) 7 Last Bandit (Live) 8 How Come It Never Rains (Live) 9 Baby Glass (Live) 10 Kirsten Jet (Live) 11 Everything I Want (Live) 12 Heartbreak (Live) 13 Trail of Tears (Live) 14 Medicine Man (Live) 15 Drunk Like Me (Live) 16 I Don't Want You to Go (Live) - Disc 7 - 1 I Don't Want You to Go (12" Version) 2 Trail of Tears (7" Version) 3 How Come It Never Rains (7" Radio Edit) 4 Satellite Kid (Single Edit) 5 She Thinks Too Much of Me (Acoustic Version) 6 Drunk Like Me (Acoustic Version) 7 As the Poppies Fall (Acoustic Version) 8 Things He'd Do (Acoustic Version) 9 Never Had a Girl Who Would Die for Me (Acoustic Version) 10 What's Happening Here? (Acoustic) 11 Heading for the Target of Insanity
    • Way of My People - Lance Keltner
    • One day to the show. Acoustic in a venue that looks like somebodies oversized front room.  Really should be a great night. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.