New OVERKILL comin'!

Fat Freddy

Looks like the new Kill album will be called THE ELECTRIC AGE... and should be out end of March...

300_227795.jpg

No track listing or other info yet, but as soon as I hear somethin' I'll post.

Looking forward to this one. I was all hyped up to see them in May at Jaxx in Springfield, VA.... Then I realized that they were playing the same weekend as M3.

• 2 weeks later...

In-the-studio footage of the band workin' on the new album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRA_YRVJjdg&feature=player_embedded

Love this band. I thought the last album was good, with 2 or 3 great tunes, although nowhere near 'Years of Decay' or 'Horrorscope'. Hope this next album is better still.

In honor of the forthcoming new Overkill album, I wrote a slobbering fanboy Hub entry about the band...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/OVERKILL-East-Coast-Thrash-Metal-Masters

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ Dang it, I was just about to post that same damn thing and you beat me to it. Haha. :banger:

Here's the same track on Nuclear Blast Records' official Soundcloud page...

Shut my PC down at 10.30pm last night and won't have access to it until tomorrow afternoon. At 11.20pm a new Overkill tracks appears. :doh:

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to pick up THE ELECTRIC AGE a few days early at the local "cool" record store (don'cha love when stores don't worry about "official" street dates and just put stuff out as soon as they get it? Haha)... unfortunately I haven't had time to give it a full spin yet but I've heard enough to say that it's utterly bad-ass. Another quality slab from one of the most consistent thrash bands in the biz. Hail Overkill! :beerbang:

I saw Overkill years ago in a small club (Horrorscope tour) and they were awesome, totally blew me away. It's amazing that they are still crushing. Consistent quality from a great band. This will be purchased. :headbanger:

Was finally able to give THE ELECTRIC AGE several full spins today and yeah, it crushes, kills, and destroys, just like I'd hoped. :beerbang:

I'm still pissed they are playing near me the same weekend as The M3 festival. It's not often I miss a Overkill show within 2 hours of me.