Bernie LaBarge

Leykis101

I guess this is a stretch, I was going through some of my step dads old LP's the other night, he had set up his record player, so I thought what the fuck, let's check out some of these old LP's that Ive never heard of, and probably will never see on CD in my lifetime, I went through shitloads of albums, just dropping the needle from track to track until I heard something that I liked, I stumbled onto a bunch of shit I liked, im preparing a list as we speak, but this was one of the albums I particularly liked, it was by a dude called Bernie LaBarge, and the album was called Bargin In, song 2 called Can't Hold On Forever is a great westcoast aor sounding jam, the whole album was right up my alley, I loved it, I'm reaching out to Jez on this one, but really if anyone of you have heard this let me know, does he have anything else out? is this out on disc, this is a great Westcoast/AOR album from 1984, really curious about this.

I guess this is a stretch, I was going through some of my step dads old LP's the other night, he had set up his record player, so I thought what the fuck, let's check out some of these old LP's that Ive never heard of, and probably will never see on CD in my lifetime, I went through shitloads of albums, just dropping the needle from track to track until I heard something that I liked, I stumbled onto a bunch of shit I liked, im preparing a list as we speak, but this was one of the albums I particularly liked, it was by a dude called Bernie LaBarge, and the album was called Bargin In, song 2 called Can't Hold On Forever is a great westcoast aor sounding jam, the whole album was right up my alley, I loved it, I'm reaching out to Jez on this one, but really if anyone of you have heard this let me know, does he have anything else out? is this out on disc, this is a great Westcoast/AOR album from 1984, really curious about this.

As far as I'm aware, this was his only real stab at AOR, but what an album it is. One of finest AOR/Westcoast releases of 1984.

And yes, it is out on CD (Long Island Records) but I think it's one of the more scarce titles in that series. I recently scored a copy after a long search, so it's not impossible. WELL worth any money you spend on it.

I don't know if he ever released any other AOR albums, but I think Kim is correct in saying he didn't. 'Bargin' In' is a great album and definitely one of the underated Canadian AOR releases of it's time. 'Can't Hold On Forever' also appeared on the mini Lisa Price LP 'Priceless' and this was where I first heard the song before his 'Bargin' In' album. About time this was released on CD, as it was a brilliant slice of AOR featuring Labarge himself, aswell as various members of Wrabit (who were also very prominent on 'Bargin' In') & Honeymoon Suite.

I have seen the Long Island Gold version a couple of times on ebay, but as Kim also rightly says, it is a little on the scarce side now. Good luck in hunting a copy down

Yes, it's a great album! I have the vinyl and the LIR CD which took some time to find. There's one on ebay now at $130 BIN but you can also make an offer.

I saw it over there, I just don't know that I want it that bad! what is the "GOLD" Long Island Cd's? I found out my step dad has purchased basically everything on CD, that he has on vinyl, seeing it's been released, he has this cd, but I don't know if it's a GOLD one? what is the disc gold or something, jacks the price up by a bill? I just cant think of to many Cd's id drop a bill fifty on, actually I really cant think of one at this second, I mean I sold American Angel for a bill fifty and felt like a dirty cocksucker for about a month after, seeing I found it for $6, I know that's the point, but rarity is only rare, until some asshole re-releases it, which has been the case for about 20 Cd's I was sitting on waiting to drop on eBay for big bucks, so I pay $150 for Bernie LaBarge then somebody will announce this July get the re-issue of the 1984 masterpiece by Bernie LaBarge Bargin In, I will fucking seek and destroy, best I just get a copy off my step dad!

The Long Island Gold series were just that. Pressed up on Gold rather than silver discs, with usually a Poster insert, Booklet and the embossed Gold writing on the jewel case. Very nice packages they were too