"Unbroken" new album from Fiona

dethuniverse

listen to the sample clips here! http://www.fionarock.com

After a 20 year hiatus, international recording artist and actress Fiona is back in action with a new CD, Unbroken, produced by James Christian of the famed House Of Lords.

Unbroken contains mostly all new songs written by Fiona, James Christian, Tommy Denander, Holly Knight, Marc Tanner and UK pop production team, The Elements. It also includes a dramatic remake of “Shadows of the Night” with DL Byron’s original dark lyrics, a tribute to the beloved 80’s band, Prophet, and a bonus female duet with internationally renowned rocker, Robin Beck.

It's hard to think of the 80’s music scene without remembering Fiona’s duet with Kip Winger “Everything You Do (You’re Sexing Me)" as well as her acting roles as Bob Dylan’s love interest in Hearts of Fire and the Miami Vice second season episode “Little Miss Dangerous”.

Fans will embrace UNBROKEN’s intense melodic rock sound which is driven by guitarist/songwriter Tommy Denander and topped off with performances from original Fiona band member, Bobby Messano.

“I have released this new CD for two reasons. Very polite, albeit relentless hounding from fans and the absolute joy of creating this particular music that I miss so much. After raising a family and getting some sleep it was clear that I was ready to sing again. It is in this spirit that I dedicate this CD to all fans old and new. Thank you for the pushes, gentle and intense. Especially from my friend and fellow artist Robin Beck and the AOR Melodic rock community. Here it is. Enjoy. With affection and gratitude, I am yours, UNBROKEN”

Am I just really stupid, or are there no samples of the new album there? I could only find old samples. :(

I'm tipping this to pretty much sound exactly like a new Robin Beck CD, which ain't so bad.

Am I just really stupid, or are there no samples of the new album there? I could only find old samples. :(

I'm tipping this to pretty much sound exactly like a new Robin Beck CD, which ain't so bad.

There is a media player next to the big album cover picture.

Funny you should mention Robin Beck as one of the songs is a duet with her.

Had to laugh at this though.

"special discounted price of

$14.99 (plus $10 shipping and handling)"

how is that a special discounted price?

$15 for the CD and $10 for postage?

I'll stick with the Amazon price of £10.85 with free postage thankyou very much.

The track on The Rock For Japan album 'Love Along the Way' was a really great song. pretty much agree with Geoff that if you like the excellent new Robin Beck disc and I'd also add Tommy Denanders stuff, then this should be on your list pronto.

I can't access any of the clips or pics, but am hoping she still looks hot. "Life on the Moon" (the song on "Squeeze" - written by Jani Lane) remains an all-time fave tune, and I'll buy this one blind...

I can't access any of the clips or pics, but am hoping she still looks hot. "Life on the Moon" (the song on "Squeeze" - written by Jani Lane) remains an all-time fave tune, and I'll buy this one blind...

Backed... amazing song.

hoping she still looks hot

Tr00 dat! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm certainly not a big fan of Fiona as I always thought her voice was somewhat limited, and only sounded good on certain songs, but I preordered this one, and its really not that bad.

Of all her previous albums, I only owned Heart and Squeeze for a long time, and only picked the first two up recently, and really disliked both of them.

This one probably owes more to Heart and Squeeze, which is probably why I think this is a decent album.

Some modernish touches on some songs, a bit of Bon Jovi on others, but can defo tell its a Fiona album.

Yeah, probably in that range.

Maybe 80%.

I think fans of Fiona will get a lot more from it than me, being that while I find her catalogue to be very hit or miss, I know there are quite a few people here who think she is mostly hit.

For me it may be her strongest album.

Fiona? I could've sworn I heard that she died some time ago. Obviously I've confused her with someone else. Never mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Another one I'm not quite sure about. In a year with so many first class releases, the end result will be that this is probably totally forgotten for the most part. It's not bad, but her vocals are (and always were) far inferior to Robin Beck and the songs are also not quite as good as those on the new Robin Beck CD. It's a decent effort in places, but there were a few misses on here and the overall vibe just left a bit to be desired. Probably another one looking at a score between 60-70%.

Pretty much matches up to my opinion on it. Not a bad one, but certainly not a great one, with the biggest fault being her voice as usual.

When it works its fine, but on some of the songs it just shows how limited her style is.

For me the duet with Robin Beck really highlights the flaws in Fionas voice.