Firewolfe - S/T

whiplash1972

firewolfe.jpg

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/firewolfe

http://firewolfe.com/blog/

This one was mentioned on the MR.com noticeboard earlier today, and I gotta say, as soon as I listened to all the samples, I grabbed a copy ($12 for U.S. customers which includes s/h direct from their website!). Check 'em out! :banger:

---------------------------------------------------------

FireWolfe is:

Vocals: David Fefolt

Guitars: Paul Kleff

Guitars: Nick Layton

Drums: Jay Schellen

Bass: Zack Uidl

Twin-guitar fueled melodic metal with powerful vocals--this is FireWolfe.

Being friends and mutual fans of each other's music and guitar playing, a new band was formed out of a conversation Nick Layton and Paul Kleff had in early 2010. The two shared many guitar and musical influences and immediately started to lay the groundwork and musical vision for a new band.

Without having a full band put together yet, Paul and Nick began writing music together. Heavy, melodic and powerful music with an emphasis on great songs with killer guitar work. The ultimate goal was to have a band that made the kind of music that they would want to listen to and an album that they would want to buy.

As the writing progressed, the focus shifted to finding the right voice for the music. A heavy, melodic and powerful voice that would not only fit the style of music that was being created, but would also be able to take the rough songs and turn them into world-class melodic metal.

One name kept coming up over and over again—veteran rock/metal vocalist David Fefolt.

Some phone calls were made, rough tracks were sent over, and David was immediately on board as the voice and front man of the band—"I think between us we could make something really special out of this."

Heavy, loud, melodic and full of hook-laden guitar work--this is FireWolfe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I really like the music, kicks some fucking ass, im not really all that gung-ho on the production though, I guess im more into a more polished sound, but hell the music rocks so hard, I can overlook it, I will buy it, I already got the free demo, man I really wish this had production of like say, Firewind or something like that, anyways check this out, it is killer metal!

I think it is enjoyable. I think the music rocks and dont really see the issue with the production.

Of course you dont, cause your not me, that's like me saying I dont NOT see the production issue, just my opine!

I think it is enjoyable. I think the music rocks and dont really see the issue with the production.

Of course you dont, cause your not me, that's like me saying I dont NOT see the production issue, just my opine!

heh. Its all yours then.

heh. Its all yours then.

I actually think the disk fucking rocks hard, so production is not an issue. it's just not produced all that well, or maybe im just used to way over produced shit, either way, this is a tight disc.