found a bunch of great lps

huskermetal

Nice find! :tumbsup: Good price on them?

I've purchased one lp in my life - Accept - Breaker. I'd love to get into collecting some records but with my cd collection my wife would k-i-l-l me!

I wish I knew more about vinyl. There's literally a warehouse in my city that claims to be the world's largest vinyl record store. And boy do they have a shit ton of vinyl records. But again, I don't collect vinyl and don't know what's rare to even try and sell it.

I've purchased one lp in my life - Accept - Breaker. I'd love to get into collecting some records but with my cd collection my wife would k-i-l-l me!

they were free, a neighbor of mine had them, there is a rare kiss- creatures of the night 3 track single that I cant find on ebay........

they were free, a neighbor of mine had them, there is a rare kiss- creatures of the night 3 track single that I cant find on ebay........

popsike.com is a great site to check out the value of records....

• 2 weeks later...

Vinyl is sexy and alluring in an experienced..come and get it you know you want to kind of way, CDs are hot, fast and exciting, downloads are just cheap tarts. :lol:

• 6 months later...

I've been seriously collecting records since I was 8 years old (back in 1974). There's nothing like putting on a record, popping a cold one and going through the liner notes. The older stuff brings back so many good memories. I'm always on the hunt for vinyl for myself while I'm out searching for Wishing Well. This weekend I scored some really cool things for me:

Queensryche - Original indie "206 Records" pressing of their first ep - The record's beat, but cool just to have this pressing.

Waves - self-titled (1977/Polydor) - Terrific mix of Pomp and Firefall style 70's AOR. I wonder if this was ever on cd in Japan? Awesome harmonies and melodies.

Spoons - Bridges Over Borders (Canadian issue with different cover art from the U.S. pressing)

Moxy - Under The Lights (with Mike Reno on vocals)

Strange Advance - 2wo (Canadian pressing)

FM (Canada) - Black Noise (underrated Progressive Rock group)

Paul Korda - Dancing In The Aisles (1978/Janus) - Westcoast vocalist kind of like Boz Scaggs, David Roberts and Stephen Bishop

Lords Of The New Church - Methods To Our Madness

Various - Metal Warriors - Ebony Records comp. from the 80's with indie UK bands. Includes a Shy track

Lastly, a bunch of promo 12-inch singles from Steel Breeze, Le Roux, Lisa Dalbello, Chilliwack, Rodway, One2 Many, Martha & The Muffins and Gary O'Connor

Overall a really good score for the weekend. It's cool to shop for cds, but for me there's nothing like hunting for vinyl.

Np - Scandal - 'We Are The 80's'

• 4 months later...

CDs are hot, fast and exciting

I LOVE them !! ;)

But a nice find anyway. Congrats ! I am not starting to start collecting vinyls all over again, though.