found a bunch of great lps

huskermetal

Nice find! :tumbsup: Good price on them?

I've purchased one lp in my life - Accept - Breaker. I'd love to get into collecting some records but with my cd collection my wife would k-i-l-l me!

I wish I knew more about vinyl. There's literally a warehouse in my city that claims to be the world's largest vinyl record store. And boy do they have a shit ton of vinyl records. But again, I don't collect vinyl and don't know what's rare to even try and sell it.

I've purchased one lp in my life - Accept - Breaker. I'd love to get into collecting some records but with my cd collection my wife would k-i-l-l me!

they were free, a neighbor of mine had them, there is a rare kiss- creatures of the night 3 track single that I cant find on ebay........

they were free, a neighbor of mine had them, there is a rare kiss- creatures of the night 3 track single that I cant find on ebay........

popsike.com is a great site to check out the value of records....

• 2 weeks later...

Vinyl is sexy and alluring in an experienced..come and get it you know you want to kind of way, CDs are hot, fast and exciting, downloads are just cheap tarts. :lol:

• 6 months later...

I've been seriously collecting records since I was 8 years old (back in 1974). There's nothing like putting on a record, popping a cold one and going through the liner notes. The older stuff brings back so many good memories. I'm always on the hunt for vinyl for myself while I'm out searching for Wishing Well. This weekend I scored some really cool things for me:

Queensryche - Original indie "206 Records" pressing of their first ep - The record's beat, but cool just to have this pressing.

Waves - self-titled (1977/Polydor) - Terrific mix of Pomp and Firefall style 70's AOR. I wonder if this was ever on cd in Japan? Awesome harmonies and melodies.

Spoons - Bridges Over Borders (Canadian issue with different cover art from the U.S. pressing)

Moxy - Under The Lights (with Mike Reno on vocals)

Strange Advance - 2wo (Canadian pressing)

FM (Canada) - Black Noise (underrated Progressive Rock group)

Paul Korda - Dancing In The Aisles (1978/Janus) - Westcoast vocalist kind of like Boz Scaggs, David Roberts and Stephen Bishop

Lords Of The New Church - Methods To Our Madness

Various - Metal Warriors - Ebony Records comp. from the 80's with indie UK bands. Includes a Shy track

Lastly, a bunch of promo 12-inch singles from Steel Breeze, Le Roux, Lisa Dalbello, Chilliwack, Rodway, One2 Many, Martha & The Muffins and Gary O'Connor

Overall a really good score for the weekend. It's cool to shop for cds, but for me there's nothing like hunting for vinyl.

Np - Scandal - 'We Are The 80's'

• 4 months later...

CDs are hot, fast and exciting

I LOVE them !! ;)

But a nice find anyway. Congrats ! I am not starting to start collecting vinyls all over again, though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2022 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2022.

82% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • With nothing on the horizon for the remainder of the year, my final list for 2022 is as follows.  1. Avantasia - A Paranormal Evening With The Moonflower Society  2. Threshold - Dividing Lines 3. Battle Beast – Circus Of Doom 4. Soilwork – Övergivenheten 5. Blind Guardian – The God Machine 6. Ghost – Impera 7. Gunshine – Gunshine 8. Slash - 4 9. Skillet – Dominion 10. Ronnie Atkins – Make It Count  
    • FASTER PUSSYCAT – Like A Ghost (2022) VARIOUS SOURCES - PUBLISHED NOVEMBER 29, 2022     Eighties Sunset Strip favorites FASTER PUSSYCAT are heating up the winter of 2023 with the release of new material in the form of the EP ‘Like A Ghost‘. This release is the first for the band under the Golden Robot umbrella with Taime Downe saying earlier this year “The band and I are over the moon to join the Golden Robot Records rock-n-roll family. We are super excited to release some of our badass new tunes globally – we know the label see our vision and supports the band and we feel completely at home here.” The new songs comes just a few months before Faster Pussycat are expected to tour overseas including Australia. Not bad for a band formed four decades ago and still delivers kick ass rock n’ roll. ‘Like a Ghost‘ is a track about growing up in the 70’s, listening to the radio and doing what kids do and the memories it brings back. It features Taime‘s signature vocals carrying the song through to completion. The production is second to none with blistering guitars and the band in full force. ‘Pirate Love‘, a cover of the legend Johnny Thunders stays true to the original with strong instrumentals, killer vocals and an edge to it – everything you would expect from Faster Pussycat. ‘Nola’ is a song inspired by New Orleans, a city that front man Taime Downe holds dear to his heart. When the band started working on making new music for a release “NOLA” was the obvious choice to lead with. Past year Downe and guitarist Sam Bam Koltun began working together in the studio tracking guitars for this song. And the band is also making available again their cover of Rick Springfield’s classic ‘Jessie’s Girl’ recorded some time ago. Highly Recommended   01 – Like a Ghost 02 – Pirate Love 03 – Nola 04 – Jessie’s Girl Taime Downe – lead and backing vocals Xristian Simon – guitar Sam “Bam” Koltun – guitar, backing vocals Danny Nordahl – bass, backing vocals Chad Stewart – drums BUY www.amazon.com/music/player/albums/B0BLF6SGYX
    • New video for 'Firestarter'. From Frontiers: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the latest release from Dennis Ward and Khymera, "Hold Your Ground" will be available on February 10, 2023. Dennis handles lead vocals, bass, and keyboards and is joined by guitarist Michael Klein, keyboardist Eric Ragno, and drummer MIchael Kolar, with Pete Newdeck contributing backing vocals. As has to be expected with Khymera and Dennis, "Hold Your Ground" is another fine slice of high pedigree melodic rock. Khymera has in fact built its reputation as one of the best examples of what great European melodic rock is all about: crystal clear production, soaring vocals, killer musicianship, and songwriting that reminds fans of the heydays of the genre when bands like Giuffria, Icon, and Signal were releasing their classic albums. While it started out as an alliance between Italian producer/musician Daniele Liverani and then Kansas singer Steve Walsh, Khymera developed into a regular musical project when bassist and producer Dennis Ward (Magnum, Pink Cream 69) entered the fold. While known as a bassist, Dennis always sang background vocals with his bands, so he was more than ready and willing to take over the lead vocals for Khymera when the opportunity presented itself.   After releasing the albums "A New Promise" (2005) and "The Greatest Wonder" (2008), Dennis took a break from Khymera for some time before returning with "The Grand Design" (2015). He then returned with another new Khymera album five years later, “Master of Illusions” (2020). Musically, "Master Of Illusions" followed the logical progression of the musical path that was started when Dennis joined the project and was a strong, extremely melodic release, showcasing the fantastic vocal abilities of Dennis and skills as a songwriter and producer. Mercifully, the wait between albums is a bit shorter this time as 2023 will see the release of Dennis and Khymera's next chapter, "Hold Your Ground", an absolute tour de force of glorious melodic rock.Tracklisting:1. Don't Wait For Love2. Firestarter3. Hear Me Calling4. Sail On Forever5. Our Love Is Killing Me6. Hear What I'm Saying7. Believe In What You Want   8. On The Edge9. Could Have Been Us10. Runaway  11. Am I DreamingLine-Up:Dennis Ward - Lead Vocals, Bass, KeysMichael Klein - GuitarsEric Ragno - KeyboardsMichael Kolar - DrumsPete Newdeck - Backing Vocals      
    • urgh both of those songs are a cheese fest. Hard pass 
    • My CD arrived. Gotta say it is one of the cheapest, shittiest packaging of a cd I have seen. It is just a double panel with a disk (no tray). No booklet, no lyrics, very little info. printed. Terrible artwork (as you can see above). Glad I only paid $17 as it isn't worth more than that presentation wise. Musically I have only listened once so far so will reserve judgement until then. Note - Jack Jones only played on one track, the lead single. But he is touring with the band.
    • Slash - 4 The Midnight - Heroes Thirty Days Out - Thirty Days Out  Journey - Original Album Classics (Journey, Look Into the Future, Next) Every Day Life - American Standard 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.