Game of Thrones - New HBO Show

heaven&hell

Two episodes so far and this looks like it's gonna be pretty good. I've never read the book it's based on but I am enjoying the series so far. With Sean Bean, Mark Addy and Lena Heady it has a great cast and several storylines going on at once. While it reminds one of the Camelot type middle ages story it also has a Lord of the Rings type fantasy story with different types of people from far away places and the spooky stories of the White Walkers.

I haven't watched yet....I'll have to download the episodes but I have read the book....With this author anything goes, he doesn't follow the usual method of building up certain indestructible hero characters and having them carry the story. He can and does kill off characters left and right. Just as you get to know and like someone they die nastily....not really a bad thing and certainly different...depending on how closely they follow the book of course...

I really like the story line. Also feel bad for that bastard child John Snow, his step mom sure hates him.

Very cool that you got these different stories going on up north. in the capital and that brother/sister with those horse people across the narrow sea. I'm looking forward to seeing where this all goes.

Also forgot to mention Peter Dinklage(the Dwarf) is one hell of an actor and has never got his due over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn I love this show and I'm also now reading the book. Great stuff.

Last night was shocking at the end when Jory gets the knife through his eye and Ned gets that lance through his leg!

Also when the Hounds brother cuts off his horses head I about lost my dinner.

And when Lyssa was breast feeding her son that looked to be at least ten years old that about made me sick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A great finale and it pretty much followed the book with Dany's dragons being born. It's picked up for season two and i'm in the middle of that book and it's been almost as good as the first one. Book five gets released next month so I'll assume that HBO has signed on for at least the first four books/seasons.

• 8 years later...

I'm late to this show, watching it on dvd, now up to season 5. Season 4 was awesome. Sex, love, deceit, political corruption, revenge, gays, lesbians, dwarfs, eunuchs, violent action, dragons, knights, witches, the undead..... this show has everything, fun stuff!

Edited by Invisible_man