Favorite Batman...

Dark Star

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like'em all to one degree or another (even Clooney - he wasn't a bad Batman, he just had the bad luck to get stuck in the worst Batman movie) but I'm old school. So in my book this here is the one TR00 Batman, yo:

batman_1966_movie.jpg

(I've met Adam West twice and he's a totally cool mo-fo.)

Why did I like the TV series so much? Well...

500full.jpg

Yvonne Craig's Batgirl made me feel funny when I was a kid. Y'know, like when I climbed the rope in gym class.

tumblr_l3007w7FQG1qzlml4o1_500.jpg

And Julie Newmar's Catwoman... need I say more? :blink:

By the way, D.S., at the risk of pointing out my utter geekness (again), you forgot a Batman....

batman-dc-comics-20080717031318430-000.jpg

Lewis Wilson is the O.G. Dark Knight. He played him in a 15-chapter movie serial made by Columbia Pictures back in 1943.

moviesbatman4309.jpg

I like'em all to one degree or another (even Clooney - he wasn't a bad Batman, he just had the bad luck to get stuck in the worst Batman movie) but I'm old school. So in my book this here is the one TR00 Batman, yo:

batman_1966_movie.jpg

500full.jpg

Yvonne Craig's Batgirl made me feel funny when I was a kid. Y'know, like when I climbed the rope in gym class.

I wish the tv series would get a dvd release but the studios will never iron things out and let it happen.

I wish the tv series would get a dvd release but the studios will never iron things out and let it happen.

Amen brother. I don't understand why the feature film with the TV show cast (1966) can be available on DVD but not the series itself. Tell me that wouldn't be the most kick-ass TV DVD set ever. If they got Adam West, Burt Ward, and all the other surviving cast members back together to do commentary tracks on each episode, threw in some deleted scenes or a couple of documentaries, my Geek Quotient would totally overload.

I really hope they iron out the legal hassles someday soon. Those people aren't getting any younger!!!

batman_1966_movie.jpg

500full.jpg

Gotta agree with Keef on this one (Word for Word) :tumbsup:

Want a taste of the 1943 "Batman?" Here's chapter 1 of the serial, "The Electrical Brain" (woo, scary)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zNcKo2jb1k

:rofl: This makes the TV series look like Shakespeare.

Amen brother. I don't understand why the feature film with the TV show cast (1966) can be available on DVD but not the series itself. Tell me that wouldn't be the most kick-ass TV DVD set ever. If they got Adam West, Burt Ward, and all the other surviving cast members back together to do commentary tracks on each episode, threw in some deleted scenes or a couple of documentaries, my Geek Quotient would totally overload.

I really hope they iron out the legal hassles someday soon. Those people aren't getting any younger!!!

I believe that because it was a theatrical release, the war between Warner and Fox couldnt stop the movie being released on VHS then DVD. The tv show though is due Fox only having the rights to show it on tv or some such ridiculousness. I actually bought a DVD set off eBay a couple of years ago that will tide me over until such time as those two realise that the best way forward is to co-release it. Its only direct transfers from tv/vhs, but at least I have all the episodes on DVD.

As for the question, it could really only be a toss up between two guys really ... Keaton and Bale.

As much as I love the Adam West version, its really not the real Batman in my eyes.

I had to go with Keaton over Bale in the end as the 89 movie was ground breaking at the time, and really set the template for all the superhero movies that would come out years later.

There really isnt that much difference in the way they both portray Batman when you get down to the nitty gritty, but Keaton gets the nod for doing it first.

As for Kilmer and Clooney ... Kilmer wasnt that much different to the Keaton Batman, it was the tone of the film that was lighter, which ended up lightening up the character as well, which kinda sucked.

Clooney was more of a step back to the Adam West era, but the key element of that era was missing from Clooney film ... the humour.

I think he did a reasonable job with what he was given, but at the end of the day, you just cant polish a turd.

And just to out geek the geek, dont forget Robert Lowery. The Batman of 1949.

And just to out geek the geek, dont forget Robert Lowery. The Batman of 1949.

Curse you for raising the Geek Bar higher! :cussing:

Robert Lowery

Batman_(1949).png

:rofl: Maaaaaaan, those old movie serials were LOW low budget weren't they?? :lol:

If you seperate the actor from the movies, I would pick Keaton, but he was the worst Bruce Wayne, and the movies themselves were pretty bad.

Bale was in the best movie, but I disliked his voice. He's supposed to be Batman, not Wolverine!

I would also suggest Kevin Conroy, he IS Batman to me...