COLDSPELL - Out From The Cold

Nightrain

mate,

i've been spinning this disc 4 times in a row and can't get em out of my player.

A fantastic disc and has the huge potential to be in my top 10 releases of 2011.

You need to check this out if you dig the topic desc.

I spotted couple of fillers, couple of okay tracks, but half of them are killers, several are growers, overall a fantastic album

here some of the songs you might want to check out before buying

IMHO, the best song of the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8k8wY0MRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplQQu_N2Kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEU1hjaxz_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQTFwyFiL0

Sounds good. Definitely one I need to check out.

'Seven Wonders'... who originally sung that? Great track.

'Seven Wonders' is the best song.

Overall tho its a solid effort.

hm based on the liner notes, it's their original song, but don't know maybe a song or two have a very close similarity to this one ? didn't recall any but a great great song it is :)

I liked their previous album, there were a couple of fantastic songs on that one, but the reviews I'd read of this made it sound like a step backwards. I'll have to investigate some song samples (when I'm not at work, so stuff actually works).

I didn't like these tracks as much as the debut CD. That is until I got to 'Run For Your Life', which rocks! Easily my favourite of these 4 songs, looks like it will be a download though as the rest didn't do much for me.

hm based on the liner notes, it's their original song, but don't know maybe a song or two have a very close similarity to this one ? didn't recall any but a great great song it is :)

Wow, really? They must have wrote it and someone else used it. I'd bet my nuts, though, that someone else recorded it. I can even hear the thick accent in my head. Who can help me out here? Anyone know who did this song first?

Are you thinking of Snakes In Paradise? Similar title, but different song.

Does it sound the same? I wish I had sound on this PC. I am 99% sure that the song I heard on Friday is one that resides in my collection - the exact same song. I'm going to find this out before midnight tonight.

Nah sounds nothing like the Snakes In Paradise song sorry Geoff.

Will you turn into a pumpkin if you don't have it solved before midnight?? :)

I just looked in the mirror and my face was orange, so I suggest that yes. Yes I will.

I didn't think it was Snakes In Paradise. I know as soon as I heard the band name I'll think - Yes, that's it mofo.

Now who is it...?

R.A.W! From their 'Now we're cookin' CD. Is that the one I'm thinking of? I've totally lost the melody in my head of the one above, by Coldspell, but anyone know if R.A.W did this tune too?

well never heard of R.A.W before but looking at the line-up at HH, looks like it's the same Michael Larsson of Coldspell, so basically it might be his re-worked old song, thanks for the heads up, but a relief that they didn't pillage that song from somewhere :D

well never heard of R.A.W before but looking at the line-up at HH, looks like it's the same Michael Larsson of Coldspell, so basically it might be his re-worked old song, thanks for the heads up, but a relief that they didn't pillage that song from somewhere :D

Nice. At a glance I didn't notice people in each band, but you've done well. Finally some peace of mind. If anyone ever needs a Private Investigator, you know where to come now.

As for R.A.W, try to check out those two albums. They're the remnants of what used to Dalton back in the day. The lead singer (and a couple of other dudes from Dalton, I think) went on to record two albums as R.A.W. Not as good as Dalton, but great anyway and very worthwhile.

yeah definitely will check RAW out later, pretty obscure disc I guess

The originals would be obscure, but the s/t debut was re-released a few years back. On MTM I think. That might still be available for decent prices. 'Now we're cookin' however, is probably a bit harder to get. Let me know if you need any MP3's and I'll upload them for you.

Infinate Stargaze kicked some ass and so far, I'm really diggin this release as well. Great band!

yeah definitely will check RAW out later, pretty obscure disc I guess

The originals would be obscure, but the s/t debut was re-released a few years back. On MTM I think. That might still be available for decent prices. 'Now we're cookin' however, is probably a bit harder to get. Let me know if you need any MP3's and I'll upload them for you.

i got the MP3s yesterday from the net, well it's fascinating to see that Google is capable of anything lol, will check em out later, thanks man

• 1 month later...

This is a good, solid CD. Definitely better than the debut, imo. I bought it yesterday, so I'll wait till the actual CD arrives before I spin it any more. I did find, however, that the 'Seven Wonders' "cover" was the best song on the CD.

haven't spin this for a while after weeks ago it's shelved, but I think I will stand by my opinion that this is still a great contender to be in my top 10 list of 2011, though it's still early to tell, 8 months to go :beerbang: