Myland - 'Light of a new day'

Geoff

I just had a sneaky look at Musicbuymail and noticed this on their site. I got quite excited and immediately found out what I could. Being a gigantic fan of their last CD, 'No Man's Land' this seemed like amazing news. However, I read this review here - http://www.glorydazemusic.com/articles.php?article_id=4314 - and was robbed of some of my excitement. Sounds like it may still be a winner, but it's pretty much a new band, most noteably with a new vocalist.

I'm certainly still looking forward to this CD, but it's a real shame that the band who recorded 'No Man's Land' are no longer together.

I'm certainly curious, simply loved No Man's Land...

Yeah, that CD was one of the real pleasant surprises in recent years. I wonder if all the guys from that CD who are no longer in Myland are still in music doing a project together?

Andre?

• 2 months later...

Heard this one a couple of times... not bad. Certainly not going to set the year alight, like the last one did, but it's a good melodic rock disc. A little more AOR than the last one (if you want to call the last one more melodic hard rock) but there's some good tunes on this one. A few clunkers too, but they've managed to produce another worthwhile product.

Heard this one a couple of times... not bad. Certainly not going to set the year alight, like the last one did, but it's a good melodic rock disc. A little more AOR than the last one (if you want to call the last one more melodic hard rock) but there's some good tunes on this one. A few clunkers too, but they've managed to produce another worthwhile product.

Completely agree with that mate. I thought it would only last a couple of spins, but it has outdone itself in that department. Good, solid disc.

i'll say this disc gets better after second or third spins. Rough description for this album is Red Dawn's "Never Say Surrender" got mixed with Journey's "Escape", so pretty much a solid AOR/melodic rock foundation and will be a pleaser to many. The new singer, Franco Campanella, has a voice close to Rod Steward/Bryan Adams type, don't u think ? :)

several outstanding tunes for me here are 'Flying Higher', 'Shattered Dreams', 'In Your Eyes', and 'Never Stop Screaming Rock'.

hard to be in the top 20 of 2011 as there are too many greater albums out there but I think an 8/10 rating is fully deserved and worth to buy :popcorn:

I really enjoyed the first and I am not sure about this one. I really miss the other lineup.