Norway - 'Rising up from the ashes'

Geoff

Any fans of this slab of melodic rock / AOR released back in 2006?

Track Listing:

1. Save Me

2. Anything At All

3. Only One I Need

4. American Girl

5. The Power Of Gold

6. Since You’ve Been Gone

7. Tell Me

8. Won’t Let You Down

9. Haunted

Chris (Clutch) was kind enough to hook me up with this one, so I could finally upgrade from my MP3s. Spun it today and I'd forgotten what a strong disc this is. I never much like songs about money (unless it's Tesla) and therefore I'm not a huge fan of 'The power of gold' and also the ballad, 'Won't let you down' is pretty useless. But aside from those 2, the other 7 are pretty great. The first 3 I am especially fond of.

Production is not the beefiest ever, but it's good enough and the harmony vocals are superb. Yeah, not a band that gets talked about much but I think this is a great CD.

Yep, good band ! I have all three releases and enjoyed all of them.

Thsi release was different than their first 2 with a different singer. Half is very strong, half is decent. Production was weak though, very muddy I thought and I do not have a sonic ear.

Their first 2 are solid aor/mr but a the first which I really like is softer than the others.

My 2 cents,

Mike

I remember when I was doing a radio show with my friend, and she had a promo of this album.

We had to laugh at the band name seeing as they come from America, as it seemed a strange choice for a band name all things considered.

She had not listened to it before, and chose a random track to play on air.

The song, from memory, was American girl, and none of us were particularly blown away with it as it sounded rather generic.

Thats not to say it was bad, just that it didnt make any of us feel in a particular rush to hear the rest of the album.

I don't know this band at all. What is the best album? Are they really really soft?

Songwise, I think this album, 'Rising up from the ashes', is their best. The debut is full of pretty good songs, but production on that is barely existent at all. Plus it's already so soft. The 2nd album, 'Arrival,' which as noted, was released on Frontiers... that one is easily the best sounding album, but probably also the most inconsistent. 'Cry baby' and 'Hole in my heart' are arguably the best, and heaviest, songs they ever released. But the rest of the album is quite weak.

Honestly, if I was going to recommend the band to someone it'd be via 'Rising up from the ashes.'

• 6 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Old New Ballads Blues - Gary Moore
    • Don't Let It End - Highly Strung featuring John McEnroe
    • Sure isn't Sam Newman, not Norman.
    • “YOU'VE BEEN WAITING! IT'S 7 O'CLOCK, TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE PRESALE OF THE NEW QUIREBOYS ALBUM 'WARDOUR STREET' SPECIAL GIG, BOX SET, VINYL AND MORE Spike, Nigel Mogg, Chris Johnstone, Rudy Richman and Luke Morley are delighted to announce that the new Quireboys album 'Wardour Street' is now available on presale through their worldwide distributor Cadiz Music. The album is dedicated to Guy Bailey's memory. It's the album he wanted the band to make. Included in the presale are these exclusive items: Album launch event in London / box set / exclusive gig T shirt. This is a private party to meet the band and an acoustic gig. Only 100 tickets will be available. Box Set includes: • Exclusive rose coloured vinyl • CD • Cassette (only available in the box set) • Silk scarf • Shot glass • Laminates • Signed lyric sheets • Poster Also available: • Limited edition box set • Limited edition white vinyl Ip • Digipak CD https://cadizmerchstore.com/collections/quireboyswardourstreet/products/quireboys-wardour-street-box-lp-cd?variant=40676535599159  
    • Is he producing?  He mixed & mastered that new Nickoloff - Envy release to and it's on Kivel...he's everywhere  I thought Oscar Nilsson produced this?
    • Well it isn't far away so you never know lol
    • Have to say that I'm a little excited to get Remasters of the Flame discs  love them...the other ain't too shabby either mind 
    • More to come from Bad Reputation...April 19th.. Deadringer - Electrocution Of The Heart (1989) Everybody rock When you’re in you’re in Love’s a killer Secret eyes Balls out Summa cum loud Double talk Dangerous love Bring on the night Unsung heroes Bonus track Unsung heroes (Remix) Outlaw Blood - S/t (1991)   TOWER OF LOVE BODY & SOUL LAST ACT SINK MY TEETH EVERY DAY I DIE SOUL REVIVAL I’M IN SHOCK RED HOT ‘N’ BLUE SLAVE TO LOVE FALL THRU THE CRACKS HOLLYWOOD BABYLON and on 28th May... Flame - s/t & Blaze (2cd) (1989/1992)   CD 1. FLAME - Flame 1.    Razor Blade Road (Prelude) 2.    Rain 3.    Electraglide 4.    Wild One 5.    Don’t Look Down 6.    Wonderland 7.    Shelter You 8.    If You Had A Heart 9.    Never Say Die 10.    Ball And Chain 11.    Blood For Blood 12.    Desperate Heart 13.    Automatic 14.    Razor Blade Road (Reprise) CD 2.  Flame - Blaze 1.    Lorelei 2.    Ride 3.    Ball & Chain 4.    New Love 5.    Givin’ Me Lies 6.    Get It All 7.    Automatic 8.    Fascination Touch 9.    Bound n Tied 10.    Freight Train 11.    Don’t Look Down  
    • Decent song but a bit too "Eurovision" for me. Maybe it'll grow on me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.