King Lizard

Dead Planet

• 1 month later...

Alright. In the last 3-4 years, very few songs kick my butt so that I just play them over and over and over......

Two I can recall easily:

We Don't Celebrate Sundays by Hardcore Superstar

In the Raw by Crashdiet

Not many others have earned that disctinction.

and now:

Viva La Decadence by King Lizard.

This song is kicking my gluteous maximus! :guitbannana::headbanger::beerbang::banana::drink::git:

• 1 year later...

From GerMusica's blog:

"THE NEW ALBUM OF THE LONDONERS, THE SPIRITUAL SONS OF GUNS’ N’ ROSES AND MOTLEY CRÜE. PRODUCED BY PEDRO FERREIRA (THE DARKNESS)

kinglizard-cover-web.JPG

Album: King Lizard – A Nightmare Livin’ The Dream

Release date: 09.11.2012

Style: Sleaze Metal

Label: Bad Reputation/ Bertus

London’s trailblazing sleaze rock act,.King Lizard, entered the studio to record their second full length studio album, the follow up to last year’s cult hit, ‘Viva La Decadence’.

For the new album, entitled ‘A Nightmare Livin’ The Dream’, the band worked with producer Pedro Ferreira (The Darkness, Enter Shikari, Therapy?, Tank) and engineer Adam Crowe at Snap Studios, London.

‘Nightmare’ will be the first record featuring members Lee Benz (Bass) and Moyano El Buffalo (drums).

If you prefer attitude and energy to flash and technical ability, King Lizard have an overabundance of the former. Time may have mellowed infamous swashbucklers such as Guns N’ Roses, but that is where this four-piece fits in — capturing the unbridled debauchery of classic albums from the late ’80s and blending it with the sneering sounds of today. If past superstars had the drive and desire of King Lizard the world of hard rock would be much better off.

Wild guitars, screaming vocals, thrashing beats and pounding basslines all combine in a rocky fusion of catchy hits dripping with energy."

Sounds pretty good to me. I could have sworn I'd checked this band out before but I actually don't think so. Will do so asap.