Soulsville

Little Sally Walker

I Want To (Do Everything For You)

Just The One (I've Been Looking For)

Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You

Never Like This Before

Grab This Thing

SAMPLES

Grammy-winners Huey Lewis and The News have confirmed the November 2 release of 'Soulsville,' their first album in nine years, to be released on W.O.W. Records. Recorded at historic Ardent Studios in Memphis, the album features 14 classic songs from the vault of Stax Records, including "Respect Yourself" and "Got To Get You Off My Mind". Considered to be the preeminent soul music label in America, Stax was home to artists like Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Booker T & The MG's, and Isaac Hayes, and produced an astounding number of hit records throughout the 1960's & 70's. Ably paying tribute to the rich Stax legacy, Huey Lewis and The News, joined by their long time horn section, capture the energy and excitement of this important era. 'Soulsville' re-unites Huey Lewis and the News with co-producer Jim Gaines ('Sports,' 'Fore!') who worked at the Stax studios as a young man and was involved in many of the label's original recordings.

"We're especially proud of the collection." says Lewis, who has been previewing material from the album while on a critically acclaimed summer tour. "There should be a number of surprises for everyone."

Formed from two rival Bay Area bands in 1979, Huey Lewis and The News play a brand of straight-ahead rock and roll that has outlasted countless trends, selling over 20 million albums and earning Grammy Awards along the way. The group still performs around 100 shows a year. Lewis has enjoyed recent success on screen and stage as well, acting on the hit television show "Hot in Cleveland", and performing in the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical "Chicago".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always loved HL&TN, and will be picking this one up. Not the pop rock we remember from the 80s, but a laid back, soulful affair. Good for relaxing after a long day in the salt mines... :tumbsup:

Love Huey Lewis, 'Sports' and 'Fore' especially are both still excellent albums. Apart from those 2, which maybe just (and I mean just) touch on the lighter end of the scale at HH, I don't think his other stuff, especially the last few albums, which are more soul based, are HH material, but that's just my opiunion of course.

Will check the new one out though for sure, as he always releases quality music in whatever style it is.