David Lee Roth and the Orkin Man?

Jeff

...I'm out in the garage and the Orkin man just finishes up spraying the inside of the house and comes into the garage. He says, "I see you are a Green Bay Packer fan and a rock n roll fan, that's good, so am I."

He goes on to tell me that he used to live in Florida and work for a uniform company that provided uniforms for a shop that David Lee Roth worked at before DLR hit it big. He said he would bring uniforms over and eventually he and DLR became friends, get high in the back of the shop. When they were ready to go out on tour to make it big DLR asked him if he wanted to be a roadie. The Orkin Man was married so he declined but he always wondered what he missed out on.

I have no way of knowing if this guy is telling me a story or being straight up, but my normal day took a slightly weird twist at that point. I'll never think the same about bug prevention again.

...I'm out in the garage and the Orkin man just finishes up spraying the inside of the house and comes into the garage. He says, "I see you are a Green Bay Packer fan and a rock n roll fan, that's good, so am I."

He goes on to tell me that he used to live in Florida and work for a uniform company that provided uniforms for a shop that David Lee Roth worked at before DLR hit it big. He said he would bring uniforms over and eventually he and DLR became friends, get high in the back of the shop. When they were ready to go out on tour to make it big DLR asked him if he wanted to be a roadie. The Orkin Man was married so he declined but he always wondered what he missed out on.

I have no way of knowing if this guy is telling me a story or being straight up, but my normal day took a slightly weird twist at that point. I'll never think the same about bug prevention again.

Orkin Man?

I thought this thread was going to some sort of bizarre Lord of the Rings/Van Halen story! ;)

Ha, great story! It's always funny/odd when things like that happen. That orkin man would probably be in rehab now if he would've gone on as a roadie. A high school friend of mine told me his uncle used to be a limo driver for Van Halen (is this truth? who knows) and he said they would have after-parties at some mansion and they would have a huge crystal punch-bowl filled with cocaine that everyone would just dip into. Ahh, the 80's!

I'm not saying that this guy is full of shit or anything but I had an Orkin man in Illinois that told my wife and I that he used to play with Steelheart. I guess it could of been possible that he played with Mike/Mili later on in the days of 'Wait' but I seriously doubt it.