Swedish Erotica.... defective discs?

glam_junkie

I have recently received 2 copies of the Swedish Erotica cd 'To Daze Gone'.

First copy i thought was scratched or marked, even though it looked spotless, so the seller sent me a replacement copy ..which once again looked spotless.

Anyway, yesterday i gave this replacement copy a spin and it is jumping in the exact same spot as the first copy i recevied.

Track 2, right at the very end (within the last 30 secods at a guess).

Anyone had issues with this disc?

99% sure mine is okay, but I'll check for sure at some point. Is it the gold edition or something fancy like that, with the cardboard sleeve as well as jewel case?

99% sure mine is okay, but I'll check for sure at some point. Is it the gold edition or something fancy like that, with the cardboard sleeve as well as jewel case?

No nothing fancy about mine. Just rgeular jewelcase edition thru MTM.

Just seems strange that both copies i have recevied have the defect in the same place, and the both look spotless.

No nothing fancy about mine. Just rgeular jewelcase edition thru MTM.

Just seems strange that both copies i have recevied have the defect in the same place, and the both look spotless.

I see. Yeah I think mine is a 20th Anniversary Gold Edition or something like that, also through MTM. There might be a difference in the two pressings. I know my disc is a gold one.

Actually think mine is some 20th Anniversary thing... which i though they all were. Wasn't this just an album or older unreleased material.

Will have a closer look when i get home though.

Do MTM still exist? Do they have a website? Can't find one.

No, MTM died. They died ages ago now. No website anymore. Shame, as they were my favourite label.

But yeah, it was 20th Anniversary MTM Label Edition, not a 20th Anniversary Swedish Erotica band edition or anything like that. Because you are correct, it's just older unreleased material. Excellent collection too.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I'm pretty sure MTM weren't around for 20 years... so in all honesty I have no idea what or who the 20 year anniversary edition was for. :lol:

My copy of this CD is a gold disc as well - it says MTM 10 Year Anniversary Edition on the inlay. I just listened to track 2 (Skin On Skin) and it didn't skip once.

just had a closer look at mine - both copies.

MTM 10 year anniversary edition

NOT a gold disc, just a regular disc.

Yes, have tried multiple cd players.... 4 players, skips on 3.

I also noticed that 1 track (track 6 from memory) finishes very suddenly... as in it seems to cut a second or 2 off the end of the song. Can anybody check if theirs does this.

Wonder if this has been booted or something and these are dodgey.

It could also be a batch issue seeing as they are both from the same seller.

I bought the Waysted CD, Wilderness of mirrors a few years back, and when I put it in the CD to rip it, it had a lot less tracks than listed and when I played it, it turned out to be some pop/reggae band or something like that.

Contacted the seller, and he said he had bought a job lot of them, and would check then send me a proper copy.

He later emailed me back saying they were all identical, so was obviously a mispressing.

If the seller you bought from has multiple copies, there is a reasonable chance they are all from the same batch, which would certainly explain why you have had bad luck while others seem to be quite happy with their copies.