New releases Tuesday...

First listens:

Disturbed - same as the last disc, but not as attention-grabbing. What's odd is that while I loved Invincible, this one doesn't hold my attention at all. Nothing memorable (yet). The U2 cover is ok, but not spectacular.

Heart - nice, but too "mature" and laid back. It's very polished and sounds good, but I don't hear this one getting a lot of replay from me.

Papa Roach - Not all that much new here, but heck it was $7.99. The sound quality on the live tracks is pretty decent.

10 Years - Good stuff! Some heavier elements and some melodic elements; good for the modern rock fan.

We Are the Fallen - The surprise of the bunch. If you like female-fronted melodic rock, give it a listen. It's not as dark or heavy as the artwork suggests.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that the Disturbed is predicted to sell like 250,000 copies and come in at #1.

I don't get why they're so popular really. Like KORN they just never change their sound one bit from one album to the next. At least bands like SLIPKNOT and LINKIN PARK threw a few curveballs on their lastest discs. If you have the last DISTURBED album (or any of their others) there's absolutely no point in buying the new one IMHO...

I saw that the Disturbed is predicted to sell like 250,000 copies and come in at #1.

I don't get why they're so popular really. Like KORN they just never change their sound one bit from one album to the next. At least bands like SLIPKNOT and LINKIN PARK threw a few curveballs on their lastest discs. If you have the last DISTURBED album (or any of their others) there's absolutely no point in buying the new one IMHO...

Backed. My fondness of modern rock is not something I conceal, but Disturbed have only ever done absolutely nothing for me, sadly. Haven't even bothered with this new one and doubt I will, to be honest.