STEREOSIDE--S/T

hardrockhaven

Dunno if this was mentioned anywhere already but Stereoside have a new album coming out 8/31/10. This is great news as I really liked their last disc "So Long". The track "Trailer Park Scum" can be heard on their myspace page. Based on just that one song, it sounds to me like they're picking up right where they left off, which is just fine by me.

http://www.myspace.com/stereoside

Not really what I would normally listen to, a bit modern sounding for my tastes, but 'Hey Joe' from an earlier album is a fantastic song. Very highly recommend checking it out if it's on Youtube.

Oh god, here we go with the Nickleback clone arguments again!! SO LONG BLOWS ANYTHING NICKLEBAG EVER DID OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!! INFINITY!!

Oh god, here we go with the Nickleback clone arguments again!! SO LONG BLOWS ANYTHING NICKLEBAG EVER DID OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!! INFINITY!!

Not trying to be funny, but I have not seen any in this thread so far, and have only seen positive comments.

Not trying to be funny, but I have not seen any in this thread so far, and have only seen positive comments.

No it stems from when So Long first came out, and I brought it to the boards attention! soon I was being overran by Nickleback comparisons! until I was over come with grief!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new Stereoside cd yesterday. Very cool stuff. If you liked "So Long", you'll jam to this one just fine as well. They're both about even in terms of standout tracks. Although this new one has the best power ballad they've ever done called "Walk Alone (Back To You)". That track alone is worth the price of admission. Other cool tracks include "Trailer Park Scum", "Crazy & Paranoid", "Amazing", and "Life Goes On". Jeff Shields voice sounds as good as ever. His vocal range is perfect for the guitar sound they use. Another thumbs up from me at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I liked that ballad too, and the 'Trailer park scum' song. Unfortunately, aside from a couple of other tunes there wasn't much here for me. I was actually quite disappointed to be honest. Not a HUGE fan of their other stuff, but thought this one might reach a new level. Probably their weakest overall album so far, imo. That said, 'Walk alone (Back to you)' is easily their best song so far too.