God Returns

Jez

The Guitar God Returns

This is gonna be one of the major highlights of the year for sure. Roll on October 11th

allswellthatendswell.jpg

Steve Lukather - All's well That Ends Well (2010, Mascot Records, M 7308 2)

Steve Lukather is set to release his new solo album All’s Well That Ends Well on Monday 11th October 2010 in Europe and Japan, and in February 2011 in the USA and at iTunes.

The album will be released in 3 versions:

M 7308 1 Vinyl.

M 7308 2 Jewel case CD.

M 7322 2 Limited Edition Digibook (first print run and Europe only).

Extended booklet with exclusive studio pics, liner notes from producer CJ Vanston, track by track line notes from Luke and a personal message from Luke.

Lukather: "I’m very excited because I have some great new music. I tried for a personal best and worked very hard on all aspects of music. It’s a journey that’s for sure. It is a VERY personal record. You have to check it out in October and tell ME. There is plenty of music on there, almost 50 minutes. That's ENOUGH. Records used to be no more than 38 minutes tops! Keeps your attention.”

All's well that ends well

1 Darkness in my world (Steve Lukather, CJ Vanston)

2 On my way home (Steve Lukather, CJ Vanston)

3 Can't look back (Steve Lukather, CJ Vanston)

4 Don't say it's over (Steve Lukather, CJ Vanston)

5 Flash in the pan (Steve Lukather, Fee Waybill)

6 Watching the world (Steve Lukather, CJ Vanston)

7 You'll remember (Steve Lukather, Steve Weingart, Fee Waybill)

8 Brodie's (Steve Lukather, Randy Goodrum)

9 Tumescent (Steve Lukather, Steve Weingart , Carltios Del Puerta, Eric Valentine)

Musicians:

Steve Lukather - guitars, vocals

Steve Weingart - keyboards

Carlitos Del Puerto - bass

Eric Valentine - drums

Fee Waybill - background vocals

Joseph Williams - background voacals

C.J. Vanston - keyboards, mixing

Trev Lukather - guitars

Bernard Fowler - background vocals

Lenny Castro - percussion

The Guitar God Returns

This is gonna be one of the major highlights of the year for sure. Roll on October 11th

allswellthatendswell.jpg

Steve Lukather is set to release his new solo album All’s Well That Ends Well on Monday 11th October 2010 in Europe and Japan, and in February 2011 in the USA and at iTunes.

M 7308 1 Vinyl.

M 7308 2 Jewel case CD.

Extended booklet with exclusive studio pics, liner notes from producer CJ Vanston, track by track line notes from Luke and a personal message from Luke.

Lukather: "I’m very excited because I have some great new music. I tried for a personal best and worked very hard on all aspects of music. It’s a journey that’s for sure. It is a VERY personal record. You have to check it out in October and tell ME. There is plenty of music on there, almost 50 minutes. That's ENOUGH. Records used to be no more than 38 minutes tops! Keeps your attention.”

9 Tumescent (Steve Lukather, Steve Weingart , Carltios Del Puerta, Eric Valentine)

Musicians:

Eric Valentine - drums

Trev Lukather - guitars

Somehow I get the impression that you're a big Lukather fan Jez. :whistle:

The Guitar God Returns

allswellthatendswell.jpg

M 7308 1 Vinyl.

M 7308 2 Jewel case CD.

Musicians:

Eric Valentine - drums

Trev Lukather - guitars

Somehow I get the impression that you're a big Lukather fan Jez. :whistle:

Did I ever mention that Stef? :)

• 1 month later...

There are a few seriously good songs on that disc. Wasnt overly keen on a couple of the jazzier tracks, but it is good.

I love it when he mixes it up, so the Steely Dan/Jazz fusion stuff is great in my book - he rips it doing that style. I''m having a sneaky suspicion that this is better than 'Everchanging Times' and that was an awesome album.

Mate, I haven't been gone that much, have I? Anyway, it's good to be back, mate and thanks for the thread about me. I didn't have time to read the above posts as I assume it's just the usual "I want to touch Geoff's nuts and cuddle them" and "He's so handsome my heart breaks everytime he enters the room" kind of talk. So I thank you.

This really is one fantastic album. It covers just about everything I like in Rock music and the standard of songs, along with Luke's playing and the assembled musos is just phenomenal. Me thinks the album of the year has just arrived.

• 1 month later...

I'm loving this album, it will surely be in my top 10 this year. The packaging and booklet of this digi pack is one of the best I've seen. It's a really sturdy digi pack with lyrics, photos and a track by track rundown by Lukather. The don't call it the "Limited Edition Deluxe Version" for no reason. If only all bands could put this much effort into the packaging side of things...

I'm loving this album, it will surely be in my top 10 this year. The packaging and booklet of this digi pack is one of the best I've seen. It's a really sturdy digi pack with lyrics, photos and a track by track rundown by Lukather. The don't call it the "Limited Edition Deluxe Version" for no reason. If only all bands could put this much effort into the packaging side of things...

I try to be unbiased when listening to Luke's stuff, because as you probably know, he is my favourite musician on the planet, and in my opinion, THE best guitar player that has ever walked this planet. I always have VERY high expectations when he releases stuff, and after his excellent last album 'Ever Changing Times', this was no different. I can honestly say that from the very first spin , I knew this was something very special and now a couple of months down the line, I think it is some of his best work ever, especially in the songwriting. Obviously going through difficult times brings out the best in you and this is an album he can be justifiably very proud of. It's not necessarily his 'flashiest' playing wise, but the care and attention that has gone into everything from the quality of the songs, down to the band he has assembled, production, and as you say, the finished physical product, is just superb. Record companies, musicians etc, take note of how it should be done. 'All's Well..' just about covers it all for me musically, from the Toto'ish stuff ('Darkness In My World' - one of the best songs I have heard this year without doubt) & 'Can't Look Back' to the Jazz fusion and bluesy tracks 'Tumescent' & 'Flash In The Pan', the Steely Dan'ish tracks ('On My Way Home') and top quality ballads ('Don't Say It's Over')- it's all here and makes an album that never gets boring or predictable like quite a few I have heard this year. Thankfully it is also getting the very positive reviews it deserves from the press and fans alike. Many people will probably steer clear of it,thinking it's a Muso or guitarist album, rather than a quality melodic rock record, covering varied styles - more fool them for not taking a punt and trying it out. I can't say how blown away I am with this disc really and my album of the year by a million miles.

Just spun a few of those tunes on Youtube to see what the story was here. Some mega long intros which bring to mind Slamer's 'Nowhere Land' CD. Being a pop rabbit I couldn't find a decent hook on 'Darkness in my world', but I didn't mind 'Can't look back' or 'Don't say it's over.' Both of them are quite nice. I can't see me really seeking this CD out desperately, but I'll keep an eye out for an affordable copy as it does remind me of Slamer's work, which is never a bad thing. It also really sounds like someone else too; more likely someone else really sounds like him... just can't think who it is. But yeah, sounds cool for a nice mellow listen. Love that brief but nice solo in 'Don't say it's over'...

Just spun a few of those tunes on Youtube to see what the story was here. Some mega long intros which bring to mind Slamer's 'Nowhere Land' CD. Being a pop rabbit I couldn't find a decent hook on 'Darkness in my world', but I didn't mind 'Can't look back' or 'Don't say it's over.' Both of them are quite nice. I can't see me really seeking this CD out desperately, but I'll keep an eye out for an affordable copy as it does remind me of Slamer's work, which is never a bad thing. It also really sounds like someone else too; more likely someone else really sounds like him... just can't think who it is. But yeah, sounds cool for a nice mellow listen. Love that brief but nice solo in 'Don't say it's over'...

Like me you'll probably hate the jazzy stuff, but I can understand some raving about this stuff as it is well played.

There are about 3 or 4 really nice songs on here. Steve's not the strongest vocalist in the whole world but it does suit this stuff.

Like me you'll probably hate the jazzy stuff, but I can understand some raving about this stuff as it is well played.

There are about 3 or 4 really nice songs on here. Steve's not the strongest vocalist in the whole world but it does suit this stuff.

Yeah, death by anal rape appeals to me more than jazz, but I reckon there'd be a few nice tunes on the disc. I actually quite like the vocals on the songs I heard. :)

Remember he is a guitarist first and foremost, not a vocalist, but he sings aswell as some so called 'lead vocalists' on this disc imo. Hence why he took over quite a lot of lead vocals in Toto, as Kikmballs voice is almost shot. Not an easy job.

Re. the 'Jazzy' stuff - only a couple of bits that have a Jazz Fusion feel, like 'Tumescent' and for the Westcoast buffs 'Flash In The Pan' and a Steely Dan type track 'On my Way', so absolutely no 'Jazz' on here at all.

Remember he is a guitarist first and foremost, not a vocalist, but he sings aswell as some so called 'lead vocalists' on this disc imo. Hence why he took over quite a lot of lead vocals in Toto, as Kikmballs voice is almost shot. Not an easy job.

Re. the 'Jazzy' stuff - only a couple of bits that have a Jazz Fusion feel, like 'Tumescent' and for the Westcoast buffs 'Flash In The Pan' and a Steely Dan type track 'On my Way', so absolutely no 'Jazz' on here at all.

Neal Schon and Satriani could smoke Luke in their sleep....especially Neal. When we are talking about someone's favorite, it is very hard to be objective.

BTW, neither Neal, nor Joe is my favorite.... :bananamac:

Neal Schon and Satriani could smoke Luke in their sleep....especially Neal.

Fortunately, this thread is about how good the new Luke album is, not a pissing contest whether he is better or worse than blah de blah. In some peoples opinions CC Deville would be better, but that is a matter of opinion.

BTW...I am a major Schon and Satriani fan ;)

Fortunately, this thread is about how good the new Luke album is, not a pissing contest whether he is better or worse than blah de blah. In some peoples opinions CC Deville would be better, but that is a matter of opinion.

BTW...And I am a major Schon and Satriani fan ;)

And those people should be on medication..... :beerbang:

BTW...And I am a major Schon and Satriani fan ;)

And those people should be on medication..... :beerbang:

...And maybe a lobotomy and a lifetime of cotton buds? :lol: