Justified - new tv show

66 mustang

anyone going to watch it. includes a former THE SHIELD actor.

Based on the infamous character created by prolific crime-writer Elmore Leonard (Get Shorty, Out of Sight), "Justified" stars Timothy Olyphant as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens. Tonight, the hardcore Marshal returns to his hometown of Harlan, Kentucky to flush out a clan of white supremacists and clean up a lawless town. Find out more, get local listings, and visit the official site.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the first ep and it's pretty good IMO.

Noticed that one of the young Kentucky agents is also in The Pacific(he plays Bill "Hoosier" Smith) and was also in the movie 21. Also one of the EMT's in the show 'Trauma' is one of the Nazi leaders.

I watched it and enjoyed it tremendously. Timothy Olyphant was pretty tough and how his character and that of Walton Goggins interacted was great. (And the fact that his shot was spot on (in that he didn't take a kill shot) leads me to believe that this could lead to some good stuff in the coming season.)

Will keep this on DVR season record for awhile and give it a go. If it stays like this, there's no doubt at all it's must see.

The second episode was solid and not as great as the pilot but is good enough to keep watching. Will be interesting to see if some of the other characters such as Gunnerson get bigger roles or if they all remain just secondary characters.

• 1 month later...

I use to watch V and record Justified but now I just go ahead and watch Justified and have lost interest in V

Here in the Mountain Time Zone the FX shows don't start until 11pm for some reason and V is on at 9pm so I can watch both. Actually I have to DVR all the FX shows since 11 is to late for this old man.

Another good episode tonight. Boyd's "transformation" is absolutely spell-binding. Whether he really thinks he's working for God or it's all a show, it's going to lead to an epic showdown at some point. (I'm just going to be sad if it result's in Walton Goggins not being on the show after this season; his character is wonderful!)

Timothy Olyphant sure has come a long way since "Rock Star". I didn't see him in whatever HBO show he was on (Deadwood?), but I've heard he was pretty good in that. Raylen Givins is great, though.

Very enjoyable show!

Another good episode tonight. Boyd's "transformation" is absolutely spell-binding. Whether he really thinks he's working for God or it's all a show, it's going to lead to an epic showdown at some point. (I'm just going to be sad if it result's in Walton Goggins not being on the show after this season; his character is wonderful!)

Timothy Olyphant sure has come a long way since "Rock Star". I didn't see him in whatever HBO show he was on (Deadwood?), but I've heard he was pretty good in that. Raylen Givins is great, though.

Very enjoyable show!

Yes he was very good in Deadwood.

I watched probably the first 3 or 4 episodes and just couldn't get into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody see the season finale last night? PHEW! One helluva an episode to wrap up what I thought was a stellar season. It might have had a rough go the first episode or three (though I still found the acting/the characters/the story compelling enough to keep watching), but once this show hit its stride, it was on like Donkey Kong.

Last night vaulted it into a whole new level and I cannot wait until season 2.

I don't watch a whole lot of TV shows, but if Walton Goggins doesn't at least get a nomination for Best Supporting Actor, I will wash my hands of the Emmy's worth to good acting completely. He was top notch as Shane Vendrell on the Shield. He's as good, if not better, as Boyd Crowder. (No knock on Olyphant; he found a place for Raylan to go, but Boyd is just incredible.)

Anybody see the season finale last night? PHEW! One helluva an episode to wrap up what I thought was a stellar season. It might have had a rough go the first episode or three (though I still found the acting/the characters/the story compelling enough to keep watching), but once this show hit its stride, it was on like Donkey Kong.

Last night vaulted it into a whole new level and I cannot wait until season 2.

I don't watch a whole lot of TV shows, but if Walton Goggins doesn't at least get a nomination for Best Supporting Actor, I will wash my hands of the Emmy's worth to good acting completely. He was top notch as Shane Vendrell on the Shield. He's as good, if not better, as Boyd Crowder. (No knock on Olyphant; he found a place for Raylan to go, but Boyd is just incredible.)

I love this show to and yup the finale kicked ass but not sure where their gonna go now that Bo is dead. I also agree that Walton was excellent as a thug turned preacher man(and then turned thug again?). I do with they would included Jacob Pitts character a little more and a little more about his history in the military and being a sniper. How hotttttt are the two leading ladies in this show?

How hotttttt are the two leading ladies in this show?

Joelle Carter (Ava Crowder) is a good looking woman. She definitely is a good addition to a predominately male cast.

But Natalie Zea (Winona Hawkins) is so damn exotic looking! To me, she's on a different level than Joelle.

natalie-zea-justified-premiere-screening-17LoxT.jpg

The juxtaposition of all the strong male leads and fantastic acting with how hot the women (particularly Natalie) are makes this show a must see, in my opinion.

How hotttttt are the two leading ladies in this show?

Joelle Carter (Ava Crowder) is a good looking woman. She definitely is a good addition to a predominately male cast.

But Natalie Zea (Winona Hawkins) is so damn exotic looking! To me, she's on a different level than Joelle.

natalie-zea-justified-premiere-screening-17LoxT.jpg

The juxtaposition of all the strong male leads and fantastic acting with how hot the women (particularly Natalie) are makes this show a must see, in my opinion.

At first I was an Ava man but now that they've given Wiona a bigger role she's added something else to the show.

And is it me or was Ava hotter in the first half the season than the second half? They seem to have made it more homely looking and made Wiona hotter in the last few episodes.

I don't know if that was intended so Winona could take over the "hottie" role or if it was just written that way so that it could show the pressures of having her life in danger getting to her (and her taking less care of the things she normally did before Bo got out of jail).

Good pick up, though. I hadn't quite noticed that, but after reading your comment, I think I do recollect her being in flannels and jeans/overalls when she was waiting at home with the gun (an awful lot).

• 8 months later...

The premiere was pretty good but I wish they'd use Gunnerson more and they didn't have some of the main characters hardly in it but I'm sure that will change though the season. All in all a good episode and hopefully this season lives up to the awesome season one.

Off topic but is anyone else been watching the other new FX show 'Lights Out'?

It's pretty darn good.

Its okay, all of these shows with the exception of S.O.A. move at a deathly slow pace, they tend to go a little to heavy on the drama, and a little to light on the action, thats what made the shield so goddamn addicting, I just dont feel any of these shows characters, they dont hit home, or shock, not trying to drag down your thread, just had to vent!

Its okay, all of these shows with the exception of S.O.A. move at a deathly slow pace, they tend to go a little to heavy on the drama, and a little to light on the action, thats what made the shield so goddamn addicting, I just dont feel any of these shows characters, they dont hit home, or shock, not trying to drag down your thread, just had to vent!

To be honest SOA dragged on all of last season until the finale.

It was mostly drama IMO but also there will never be another show like the Shield and maybe that's a good thing as it will make it stand out that much more. The only one that comes close is 24 IMO.

maybe thats why i didnt watch SOA all last season! all of these cops shows suck when compared to the greatest show on tv, BONES!!

maybe thats why i didnt watch SOA all last season! all of these cops shows suck when compared to the greatest show on tv, BONES!!

I think you're joking but I'll bite.

Bones is a good show and all but was better early on than now and David kicked more ass in Angel epecially when he was Angelus. I just want him to vamp out one time on the squints and Dr. Brennan.

I know David was ok in angel, but in Bones he's really fucking GAY!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can see what you're saying Leykis, but this show is just way too awesome too be denied. (I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea, though.)

The dialogue delivered by almost every character (who have all been cast extremely well) just makes this show above and away my favorite drama, if not favorite show. Facial reactions, voice inflections, word usage; this show really does seem to be the best acted show on television.