'Lost Boys' actor Corey Haim dead in Burbank at 38

whiplash1972

CoreyHaim2.jpg

BURBANK, Calif. – The Los Angeles coroner's office says "The Lost Boys" actor Corey Haim is dead at 38.

Coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said Wednesday that Haim died at 2:15 a.m. at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank. She said an autopsy will determine the cause of death and there are no other details.

Canadian-born Haim became a teen heartthrob with the 1986 film "Lucas" and 1987's "The Lost Boys."

His first role was in the 1984 hit "Firstborn," in which he played a young child caught up in a family war. He then appeared in the 1985 television movie "A Time to Live."

In recent years, he appeared in the A&E reality TV show "The Two Coreys" with his friend Corey Feldman. It was canceled in 2008 after two seasons.

RIP Corey Haim. I know this sounds bad, but early on I always thought Feldman would be the first Corey to flame out in a bad way, but after seeing that show "The Two Coreys" one could see what a mess Haim had become and that Feldman had really turned his life around.

Sex, (excessive) DRUGS and Rock 'n Roll ........... :(

I hate to say it, but after seeing what a mess this guy had become on that A&E show he had a while back with Feldman, it's not exactly a surprise either.

I know this sounds bad, but early on I always thought Feldman would be the first Corey to flame out in a bad way

Ditto. After seeing the "Two Coreys" show I was kinda surprised at how Feldman has apparently gotten his sh*t together. Ten years ago if you'd asked me to place a bet on which one of'em was gonna go first, I would've put all my money on Feldman.

Very sad news but as most I guess I'm not real suprised considering his well documented issues with substance abuse compounded with his inability to get his career back on track. I watched both seasons of the Two Corey's and always was pulling for this guy to get his shit together and was hoping he'd catch a break but now I'm not sure if it would of mattered. Just a shame what happens to some of these child actor stars.

RIP, sounds like his demons caught up with him. A viewing of Lost Boys in his honor tonight.

Very sad news but as most I guess I'm not real suprised considering his well documented issues with substance abuse compounded with his inability to get his career back on track. I watched both seasons of the Two Corey's and always was pulling for this guy to get his shit together and was hoping he'd catch a break but now I'm not sure if it would of mattered. Just a shame what happens to some of these child actor stars.

I totally agree. While its a surprise, it is not a shock if that makes sense. R.I.P. He was very talented who let his demons get the better of him....