Dare

Glen

Anyone who has read the FF thread will know that Dare are playing a one-off gig of their classic 'Out Of The Silence' disc at FF this year.

When they announced the line up on ARFM last weekend they had Darren Wharton on the line and he said that they intended to re-record the whole of 'Out Of The Silence' this year with an amazing new production sound and a real 'beef up' of the songs with more guitars.

Also, they intend to include a few bonus tracks of songs they wrote at the time but which never saw light of day.

Thoughts??

Could be a potential train wreck, but if done well could be excellent.

The thought of a beefed up guitar sound could work well as some tracks are a bit keyboard overkill......

Also, id be interested in hearing some of the unreleased tracks. Hopefully they would be up to the standard of the debut or surely they wouldnt be bothering??

Cheers

It sounds fine just the way it is. A remaster maybe with bonus tracks, but there is absolutely no need for a re-record this album, except to make some £'s for DW. From past listening experiences, re-records are generally not as good or lose the feel of the original anyway, so leave this 'Classic' album alone.

There's new versions of 'I Will Return' and 'King Of Spades' on the latest album and we don't need anymore in my opinion. What people want is new rockier material instead of rehashing old stuff again and again.

Yeah, I've made my thoughts on re-recorded albums clear many times. Absolutely pointless.

More guitars? That comment really surprised me. If anything, I'd have expected the new version to be the mellow, guitarless celtic version of the CD.

Anyway, as Glen says, if there really are more guitars (to make it sound more like 'Blood from stone'? I thought they hated that CD?) it could be okay-ish, but I'd definitely be interested to hear the songs unreleased from that era.

Interesting about-turn from the band on this, as Wharton's never been a massive fan of those first two albums. Some of the bonus tracks/b-sides from the "Out of the Silence" disc were frankly better than anything they've put onto album since, so be good to hear those added to this package (as they were horribly produced). I kinda agree with the others, although not perfect sounding (the rhythm guitar was way too low in the mix, as was the vocals) the original is a total masterpiece and I regularly debate with myself whether it or EUROPE's "Out of this World" are my all-time fave AOR album.

So it's impossible to improve on it, particularly as Wharton's voice isn't that great these days (it was limited at the best of times), and a re-record will only sound inferior so am not sure of the point. I'd have to have it though. :lol:

Interesting about-turn from the band on this, as Wharton's never been a massive fan of those first two albums. Some of the bonus tracks/b-sides from the "Out of the Silence" disc were frankly better than anything they've put onto album since, so be good to hear those added to this package (as they were horribly produced). I kinda agree with the others, although not perfect sounding (the rhythm guitar was way too low in the mix, as was the vocals) the original is a total masterpiece and I regularly debate with myself whether it or EUROPE's "Out of this World" are my all-time fave AOR album.

So it's impossible to improve on it, particularly as Wharton's voice isn't that great these days (it was limited at the best of times), and a re-record will only sound inferior so am not sure of the point. I'd have to have it though. :lol:

Yeah, im with you.....sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen, But im curious.

If they could pull it off, it could be awesome, esp with some delicious bonus tracks