Anybody into Trigger?

bangerdave

Is anybody into this band?I'm curious as i was reading a review and it said if you like Starz and Angel you should really dig this band.Love to hear your opinions guys.

:unsure: I hope this is the Trigger you are talking about !!!!!

If so, this might help you out Dave with some samples and info :tumbsup:

CD Baby - Trigger

Trigger Website

I see the new CD is actually a CD-R again....This is begining to happen rather often now it seems !!!!!!!!

I like Starz and Angel...a hell of a lot, but the Trigger doesn't quite do it for me even though it came out during a period when I thought there was some stellar bands around.

This might be because of a few personal factors as many, many folks love it.

Now whereas I grew up listening to Starz and Angel (plus Aerosmith, Godz, Legs Diamond, 1994 e.t.c. you get the idea ... 70's U.S. rock generally) I didn't hear Trigger properly until the CD release (apart from a mate who had it and played it to death everytime I went around, and even did me a tape of it at some point), so it sounds a little dated to me.

But then again albums I think still sound excellent from that time that I grew up with, again that phrase, and get me rocking other people think sound dated...maybe because they heard them for the first time quite siome time after they were released, which could be the case with me and the Trigger.

Now although that my buddy loved it and I heard a reasonable amount of it back then, the fact I still chose not to pick it up at the time kind of points out that even though I generally heard it "2nd hand" as it were I was never moved enough to buy myself a copy, which I would do if I heard an album I liked, and at the time I remember wondering what he liked so much about it.

Fast forward to the CD release, and with the passage of years a kind of legendary status was imposed upon the album, so I thought check it out as lots of albums I didn't like when younger I find I like now (the old mellowing out syndrome???? arrrgghhh!)

But still I just can't find anything astounding about it although many see it as a classic, and maybe because of it's quasi legendary status I ended up being disappointed when I finally got around to listening to it properly. It's okay and has it's moments but the vocals do get on my nerves on ocassion, and in parts it sounds so much like Kiss that you might as well buy the real thing.

Now someone like Jez will come along and poo poo my statements :lol: Nah...I know Jez likes it a lot so I'd take on board his view too.

Me now thinks we might be talking about another Trigger here :unsure:

I was a little late coming to the party on the Trigger album aswell. I probably first heard it mid 80's I reckon and on first opinion, like Nick, it sort of washed over me somewhat. I could see what people meant, giving the Starz and Angel comparisons, but again , as Nick also states, I heard more of a Kiss vibe going on than anything else and on first inspection, it was nowhere near to those bands. I didn't hear it again until someone gave me a link to download the vinyl and it is since then that I really have got into it.

I virtually forgot I dl'd it and it wasn't until I had my ipod on mix and the Trigger songs kept coming up all the time that I started to really take notice. Finally I got around to playing the full album about 4 years ago and since then I play it all the time. Absolutely love it, and although I still say it is nowhere near as good as Angel or Starz, some of the songs are definitely on par with Kiss in quality. I certainly wouldn't call it a Classic' as it clearly isn't, but I can understand why it got some of it's 'Legendary' status, as it was one of those discs that apart from certain people in the know, sunk pretty quickly, not to be spoken of that much since, except in a few quarters. Thankfully Rock Candy did a brilliant job on the re-issue and now it is avaliable for everyone to hear and I definitely recommend anyone into their mid/late 70's US hard Rock to check it out, as It definitely deserves it place in there.

I was a little late coming to the party on the Trigger album aswell. I probably first heard it mid 80's I reckon and on first opinion, like Nick, it sort of washed over me somewhat. I could see what people meant, giving the Starz and Angel comparisons, but again , as Nick also states, I heard more of a Kiss vibe going on than anything else and on first inspection, it was nowhere near to those bands. I didn't hear it again until someone gave me a link to download the vinyl and it is since then that I really have got into it.

I virtually forgot I dl'd it and it wasn't until I had my ipod on mix and the Trigger songs kept coming up all the time that I started to really take notice. Finally I got around to playing the full album about 4 years ago and since then I play it all the time. Absolutely love it, and although I still say it is nowhere near as good as Angel or Starz, some of the songs are definitely on par with Kiss in quality. I certainly wouldn't call it a Classic' as it clearly isn't, but I can understand why it got some of it's 'Legendary' status, as it was one of those discs that apart from certain people in the know, sunk pretty quickly, not to be spoken of that much since, except in a few quarters. Thankfully Rock Candy did a brilliant job on the re-issue and now it is avaliable for everyone to hear and I definitely recommend anyone into their mid/late 70's US hard Rock to check it out, as It definitely deserves it place in there.

Cheers Jez,this is one cd i will take a risk on and pick up and thank's to Nickc and Dave for their advice. :tumbsup:

I'm a big Starz (rule!), Angel and Kiss fan so I grabbed this on Rock Candy right when it came out. Much like Jez when he first heard it, it sorta fell by the wayside with me. I liked it but nothing too gripping. That said, I feel I haven't given it a proper chance to win me over. I'll give it multiple spins before I voice a concrete opinion.

Two separate bands mate.

The NJ band from the 70's had their debut reissued on ROCK CANDY RECORDS and it's not a cdr.

Here is the cover:

Trigger20.jpg

Saw them at their reunion gig over the summer. Very good 70's rock. :tumbsup:

Yeah mate that's the band and i love my 70's hard rock so i will check it out. :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Two separate bands mate.

The NJ band from the 70's had their debut reissued on ROCK CANDY RECORDS and it's not a cdr.

Here is the cover:

Trigger20.jpg

Saw them at their reunion gig over the summer. Very good 70's rock. :tumbsup:

Yeah mate that's the band and i love my 70's hard rock so i will check it out. :tumbsup:

i used to have the lp and it was worth picking up the cd to hear it again after all these years!

This is the only "Trigger" I'm familiar with:

trigger400.jpg

:rofl: Your killing me man. :lol:

Somebody's gotta take over the "random cheap joke" position that's been vacant since JustJason disappeared. Might as well be me.