Spartacus: Blood & Sand

heaven&hell

I think if I watched this I'd be really impatient during all the bits where Lucy Lawless has clothes on, so it might be a bit wasted on me. ;)

Yea I Saw this too and I can't WAIT!! Although I AM Curious.. How did Lucrecia survive the dagger through her belly?? Cause she WILL be in Season 2.... :whistle:

Next friday is the Prequel?? Awesome!! I set up My DVR!!! :tumbsup:

As far as I know Lucretia is only in the prequel and there's been no talk that I've seen of any characters being in the second season besides Spartacus.

Yea I Saw this too and I can't WAIT!! Although I AM Curious.. How did Lucrecia survive the dagger through her belly?? Cause she WILL be in Season 2.... :whistle:

As far as I know Lucretia is only in the prequel and there's been no talk that I've seen of any characters being in the second season besides Spartacus.

I beg to differ Man.. From the article you posted....

"Producers did note that despite a dagger in the belly, Lawless' character will be back in Season 2, but don't expect the same for Hannah unless Batiatus has a twin."

I am just wondering how she survived the dagger to her belly?? :unsure:

I beg to differ Man.. From the article you posted....

"Producers did note that despite a dagger in the belly, Lawless' character will be back in Season 2, but don't expect the same for Hannah unless Batiatus has a twin."

I am just wondering how she survived the dagger to her belly?? :unsure:

I guess when I read that I thought they meant the pre-quel but now it does appear that she'll survive. My bad.

Well they've found someone to replace Andy Whitfield.

AustralianActorLiamMcIntyreTakingOverStarz39Spartacus39RoleFromAndyWhitfield.jpg

Australian Actor Liam McIntyre Taking Over Starz 'Spartacus' Role From Andy Whitfield

Tue Jan 18, 10:04 AM PST

"Spartacus" has a new leading man.

Just days after Starz announced they were planning to recast the title role, left vacated by Andy Whitfield, who has been battling cancer, a rep for the cable channel confirmed to Access Hollywood that Australian actor Liam McIntyre has won the part.

Liam, 28, will take over the role, which Andy left due to his cancer battle, as the network proceeds with Season 2 of the bloody drama, which begins shooting this spring.

"Since no one can really replace Andy, we realized that we should instead find an actor who can truly lead 'Spartacus' forward," Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement. "It was important to us to have Andy endorse the idea of recasting this part, which he did in the same heroic manner that he's dealt with his whole ordeal. And that, coupled with our fortune in finding a young actor with the gladiator credentials and the acting ability of Liam, makes it easier for us to keep this hit franchise going."

Liam's pedigree includes stints on the long-running Australian soap "Neighbors" (the same show "House M.D.'s" Jesse Spencer comes from). He also had a small role in HBO's "The Pacific," playing the character of Lew.

According to Starz, Liam is currently in New Zealand where he is getting "into gladiator shape" in order to take on the meaty part.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Andy was unable to film Season 2 due to his battle with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a condition the actor first revealed he had early last year.

A network executive told reporters at the Television Critics Association Winter 2011 Session earlier this month that Starz has "remained in close contact with Andy," who they said was "supportive" of the network's efforts "to recast this role."

In the run up to Season 2 of "Spartacus," the network will air "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena," starring Lucy Lawless and John Hannah, beginning Friday, January 21 at 10 PM.

A pretty good first episode. I was hoping that we'd see how Doctore or whatever his name is now would show how gets hurt by that badass Gladiator that Spartacus later kills. I also didn't see it coming that Battiatus would get the shit beat out of him at the end.

Anyone watching this show?

This is new on Starz and has Lucy Lawless(Xena) who has already been topless(!!!)

I rename this the "you had me at hello" thread.

I've just seen this clip and think I ought to see more. Is it all like this? ;):whistle:

spartacus scene

That scene is the best scene on TV ever. Lucy Lawless nude is one thing that is awesome, but I must admit her co-worker there, the one who gets nailed by the dude, is my pick. What a delicious little thing she is.

Either way, my history with this show makes me sad. I did actually record the first episode while I was watching something else as I was quite excited about it. However, the reception on my ariel was f*cked and the video was pretty much unwatchable so I kind of forgot about it. Man, what a miss. I really, really want to see this now. :(

• 1 month later...

Any thoughts on the finale?

I was surprised to see Gannicus get his freedom and wonder if he'll be in Season Two after the conversation he had with Crixus about looking him up after he finds freedom. The fighting scenes in the finale battles were badass and we saw how Thelonius screws over Battiatus and how their bad blood started.

Any thoughts on the finale?

I was surprised to see Gannicus get his freedom and wonder if he'll be in Season Two after the conversation he had with Crixus about looking him up after he finds freedom. The fighting scenes in the finale battles were badass and we saw how Thelonius screws over Battiatus and how their bad blood started.

I liked the FInale Myself... That free for all in the ring of fire was BADASS!!! I was surpzied Gannicus got His freedom, cause I had assumed Crixus would kill Him to become Champion.... I HOPE He turns up in Season 2, and seeks out Crixus as now they are both Free.....

Can't wait for Season 2 next year!!! :tumbsup:

• 6 months later...

Andy Whitfield passed away today. RIP.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/spartacus-star-whitfield-dies-lymphoma-39-004301065.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Andy Whitfield, who played the title role in the hit cable series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand," has died at age 39, according to representatives and family.

Whitfield died Sunday in Sydney, Australia, 18 months after he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, manager Sam Maydew told the Associated Press.

"On a beautiful sunny Sydney spring morning, surrounded by his family, in the arms of his loving wife, our beautiful young warrior Andy Whitfield lost his 18 month battle with lymphoma cancer," Whitfield's wife Vashti said in a statement. "He passed peacefully surrounded by love. Thank you to all his fans whose love and support have help carry him to this point. He will be remembered as the inspiring, courageous and gentle man, father and husband he was."

Andy Whitfield — who was born in Wales and moved to Australia in 1999 — was a virtual unknown when he was cast as the legendary Thracian slave in "Spartacus," a role made famous by Kirk Douglas in the 1960 Stanley Kubrick film.

The series proved a breakout hit for the Starz network and made waves with its graphic violence and sexuality.

Whitfield appeared in all 13 episodes of the first season that aired in 2010, and was preparing to shoot the second when he was diagnosed with cancer.

While waiting for Whitfield's treatment and expected recovery, the network produced a six-part prequel, "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena," that aired earlier this year with only a brief voiceover from the actor.

But in January after Whitfield's condition grew worse, the network announced that another Australian actor, Liam McIntyre, would take over the role.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of our dear friend and colleague, Andy Whitfield," Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement Sunday night. "We were fortunate to have worked with Andy in 'Spartacus' and came to know that the man who played a champion on-screen was also a champion in his own life."

Whitfield's previous credits included appearances on the Australian TV shows "Packed to the Rafters" and "McLeod's Daughters."

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can watch Episode 1 for free out on their website. I watched it Friday night. It was kick ass. Blood, breasts, beatings and babes!

The new Spartacus has a good resemblance to Andy Whitfield (RIP). He just needs to bulk up a little more. By mid to end of Season 1, Whitfield was looking pretty darn big and ripped. This guy, not so much.

Make sure you watch all the through the credits. Nice picture honoring Andy Whitfield.

Yea the first episode is also available On Demand from Comcast/Xfinity.. Watched it the other night and it is GOOD!! Some suprizes, like Someone I thought was dead.. Wasn't... The new Spartacus DOES look like Andy, but it's gonna take Me a few episodes to get used to him I think..I DO like him, but, it's new and will take some getting used to..... :tumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

This weeks episode was the best of the season with the return of Gannicus and it now looks like he lost his freedom knife of whatever it was so he will have to fun the slaves again. The scene in the arena with it crumbling and going up in flames was just killer and one of the best action scenes of the show so far. Was great to see Gaius Glaber grow a pair and kill off Illythia's piece of shit dad.

• 1 month later...

Well the Finale of Spartacus Vengeance was last night.. Wow.. Just.. WOW!! What a great Finale!! I heard there's another Season coming in 2013 too.. I can't Wait!!!!!! :tumbsup:

It was a good finale and some that needed to die died but I was dissapointed that it was Nevia and not Crixus that killed Asher. With the history it should have been Crixus. The twist with Lucretia and the baby killing suicide was a shocker and now Alythia has lost her husband, best friend and child. It took a while but this show really picked up late in the season. If it sticks to history then next season will be the last.