Dokken Reunion?

T-BONE

Quite possibly... :whistle:

That silly rumor mill complete with little birdy says a new album with 4 original members is slated for April of this year. It's supposedly being produced by Kelly Keeling. The new single is called Almost Over... News around the web says it's just a Greatest Hits package with 2 new songs, 2 cover songs and then re-recorded new versions of their old hits. I'd like to know if they're actually planning a full blown reunion tour, or are the 4 original guys just recording the 2 new tracks for the CD or what?

DOKKEN's 'Almost Over' Single Due In Early 2010

Multi-platinum hard rockers DOKKEN have inked a deal with the Los Angeles-based label Cleopatra Records. The legendary southern California band is finishing up final mixes for a greatest-hits package — a collection of all-new versions of tracks such as "Dream Warriors", "Breaking the Chains" and "Just Got Lucky", paired two new songs and two covers (including a version of "Lies", originally recorded by THE KNICKERBOCKERS) — which will be released next spring worldwide on Cleopatra's Deadline Records imprint. The album's first single is a brand new song entitled "Almost Over" that will be made available to music programmers via download through AirplayDirect.com in early 2010.

DOKKEN has sold well over 10 million albums worldwide and continues to tour and enjoy media exposure courtesy of the successful web commercials (see below) for Norton Internet Security 2010, the latest virus, spyware and Internet protection software from Symantec. The comedic spots imagine a computer as a chicken and DOKKEN as a malicious computer virus. Each ad features a different outcome, based on whether or not the "Dokken Virus" was allowed into the system.

DOKKEN's latest album "Lightning Strikes Again", was released on May 13, 2008 via Rhino Records. The CD is DOKKEN's tenth studio album and it "mark[ed] a true and definite return" to the band's classic sound, according to a press release.

In addition to the regular European version of "Lightning Strikes Again", Frontiers Records released a special limited edition of the CD on April 11, 2008 in a glossy slipcase. The limited-edition version included an exclusive bonus track for Europe, entitled "Sunset Superstar".

Pilson is so wrapped-up in Foreigner right now I really don't see this happening... with him, anyway. Lynch? Maybe... he did join the band on-stage for a song or two a short time ago, so that's possible, but ZERO chance of Pilson leaving Foreigner... maybe he'd be willing to take part in a Dokken GH package, but touring with Dokken rather than Foreigner (who are going out again this summer)? Fuhgetaboutit. Foreigner is doing better now than any time since about 1985.

I am talking about a tour, not simply a song or two on a GH album as far as Pilson is concerned.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I do think the band has missed Pilson the most.

100% agree with this part of your post. Seems somewhat strange for a bass player to be the secret ingredient to the success of a band but I do believe in the case of Dokken this is true. I've seen Dokken live many times... with every guitarist that has toured with them. Really never missed Lynch when he left as I felt Beach and Levin both were more then ample replacements... But having seen them without Pilson it just seems as though the chemistry isn't there.

I just don't see it. I do however see a Dokken/Lynch Mob tour with Don and George rippin' it up on two or three songs a night ala the mini reunion they had recently. I have said it before, the only way I see the entire band getting back together is a "Monsters of Rock" type tour which would bank them lots of money. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them get back together and make NEW music but I think they would just tour and no new music.

That's my two cents.

It would be good for Dokken, but George has done a great album with the last Lynch Mob.

I would be sorry not to hear Oni Logan again sing hard rock songs.

It would be good if George reunite Dokken and keep on goin'on wiht Lynch mob as well.

I do think the band has missed Pilson the most.

100% agree with this part of your post. Seems somewhat strange for a bass player to be the secret ingredient to the success of a band but I do believe in the case of Dokken this is true. I've seen Dokken live many times... with every guitarist that has toured with them. Really never missed Lynch when he left as I felt Beach and Levin both were more then ample replacements... But having seen them without Pilson it just seems as though the chemistry isn't there.

Unfortunately for him he had to be the middleman that kept the peace between George and Don.

I'm sure he's happier now in Foreigner and not having to deal with the drama but he was such a huge part of the not only what went on behind the scenes but he was also a big part of the songwriting with George since he could sing and they use him to figure out how songs would sound before taking them to Don. Plus he was the glue IMO that held this band together.

And poor Mick gets no love.... Well... He is just the drummer :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

Well it looks like this is for real. This is from Blabbermouth:

On Sunday, February 21, guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE, DOKKEN) was interviewed by host Jim Alvino on the "Turn It Up" show on the WSCA 106.1 FM radio station. Topics of discussion included new albums by SOULS OF WE and LYNCH MOB; songwriting; recording with other artists; and LYNCH MOB's November 2009 West Coast shows as the support act for DOKKEN. During the chat, Lynch also revealed that he has been writing songs for a new DOKKEN album with the band's classic 1980s lineup.

An excerpt from the interview follows below.

Turn It Up: The shows that you did at the end of last year, with LYNCH MOB opening for DOKKEN, and at the end the classic lineup of DOKKEN playing together again, has that now blown up into that lineup working together again?

George Lynch: "Yes, actually it has. And that's something that isn't gonna happen for a little while. We all have our respective commitments, meaning Jeff, Mick, Don and myself are all real busy this year doing other things. But we've all made a commitment to each other to dedicate ourselves to getting back together. We've already got three songs on the table and we're gonna continue to write throughout the year and put the whole business together and probably go in the studio late fall or early winter of this year and then have a record out toward late spring of next year, and then hit the road."

Wow, cool if it actually happens. Not sure how it'll turn out but to me Dokken sound to be in need of a "spark" and the joining of the original guys might just do it? I look forward to it.

Damn. Hell REALLY must've frozen over. First Mustaine and Ellefson bury the hatchet, now Lynch and Dokken?

I do believe this is a sign...the apocalypse must be nigh.

I'll give this zero attention if George doesn't at least retune his guitar back to a minimum of E-Flat and play like he used to. I'm sick of hearing the classic Dokken tunes tuned to drop D or lower and then being trudged through. Play them right or don't play them.

Not sure if anyone has followed up on this but over at blabbermouth a few days back George admitted that he jumped the gun on this news as he was excited about it or something. He is supposed to clearing it all up tonight on some internet radio show but it looks like this might or might not be happening.