HANSEL - Never Say Die

zacharyamelie

I've just read that the Aussie band HANSEL have released a new full length album called Never Say Die. I loved Murder 101, one of my fav songs of last year.

Hansel on Myspace

I wonder where I could order it for a good price?

Wig Wam, Reckless Love and now Hansel, 2010 is starting off pretty damn good.

I got my ep from the band direct and it was super cheap. Ive just emailed them about the new cd.

Let me know how you go - would love to pick this up. After seeing them live I'm a little worried about the quality of the rest of their material (decent stuff, just possibly lacking great hooks) but I'll definitely try the album anyway.

I got my ep from the band direct and it was super cheap. Ive just emailed them about the new cd.

Let me know how you go - would love to pick this up. After seeing them live I'm a little worried about the quality of the rest of their material (decent stuff, just possibly lacking great hooks) but I'll definitely try the album anyway.

Hi Geoffy

$15 AU + $4.35 postage to Sydney for us Geoffy boy...

Has anyone heard any of the new tracks on their mypace?

Hmmm. A little steep. I'd definitely have to hear the samples before forking that out.

waiting for mine in the mail

Just out of curiosity, what was your order number? Mine was 20. Does that mean I'm the 20th person to buy this CD online?

You got it yet mate?

Don't get me wrong, I have 11 new CDs from Retrospect and another 20 or so from Secondspin that I still need to hear for the first time... so it's not a matter of needing to get this asap to hear it, BUT...

I can't help noticing I paid $4.35 for postage (knowing full well postage costs $1.10 and the envelope will cost them around $1.00, but probably half that 'cause they'd have bought in bulk). Not to worry, they're getting an extra $2.25 for the CD. I ordered on the 15th so I'll get the CD on Monday the 18th and be happy.

Well, f*ck me with an alter from a church! It's the following Friday the 22nd and I still haven't got the CD! Newcastle is a one and a half hour drive up the road from my house... a post office a short distance from anywhere in Australia. I pay twice the amount required for postage and the guys can't even do me the service of posting the CD? Man, this week has just been one big piss-off. I'm really not that phased when the CD comes, but man this is just sloppy. Poor service.

You got it yet mate?

Don't get me wrong, I have 11 new CDs from Retrospect and another 20 or so from Secondspin that I still need to hear for the first time... so it's not a matter of needing to get this asap to hear it, BUT...

I can't help noticing I paid $4.35 for postage (knowing full well postage costs $1.10 and the envelope will cost them around $1.00, but probably half that 'cause they'd have bought in bulk). Not to worry, they're getting an extra $2.25 for the CD. I ordered on the 15th so I'll get the CD on Monday the 18th and be happy.

Well, f*ck me with an alter from a church! It's the following Friday the 22nd and I still haven't got the CD! Newcastle is a one and a half hour drive up the road from my house... a post office a short distance from anywhere in Australia. I pay twice the amount required for postage and the guys can't even do me the service of posting the CD? Man, this week has just been one big piss-off. I'm really not that phased when the CD comes, but man this is just sloppy. Poor service.

Dude, it's only been a week!!!

Please refrain from using any online distribution services, for it may cause the vain in your forehead to bulge and make your blood boil from the intense summer heat.

Being a good Catholic boy, I'm pretty sure fuckin' with an altar would be impossible, yet fuckin' on an altar is another matter all on it's own. Just ask Mary from Suite Sister Mary about that one.

Please refrain from using any online distribution services, for it may cause the vain in your forehead to bulge and make your blood boil from the intense summer heat.

I know. As I said, I'm not phased about not having the actual CD yet. It just annoys me that I paid double what I should have for a service that has a 2 day turnaround Australia-wide... but it still hasn't got here. Jeez, for $4.35 you'd expect it to be a same day delivery! :lol:

I know. As I said, I'm not phased about not having the actual CD yet. It just annoys me that I paid double what I should have for a service that has a 2 day turnaround Australia-wide... but it still hasn't got here. Jeez, for $4.35 you'd expect it to be a same day delivery! :lol:

could you have driven to newcastle & yanked the cd from the singers ( or anyone else in the band) hand for the $4.35 fuel costs?

:christmas::beerbang:

could you have driven to newcastle & yanked the cd from the singers ( or anyone else in the band) hand for the $4.35 fuel costs?

Probably not for $4.35. It apparently would have been a hell of a lot easier, though. Could have gone for a surf while I was up there too. Maybe driven up the coast another hour and a half to visit my bro in Forster.

Just seriously, it's not that hard to post something.

Probably not for $4.35. It apparently would have been a hell of a lot easier, though. Could have gone for a surf while I was up there too. Maybe driven up the coast another hour and a half to visit my bro in Forster.

is it just me or is this band just unaware of the certian unwritten law in the state of nsw that no one delays posting cds to you or are liable to being dealt consequences? :christmas::beerbang:

is it just me or is this band just unaware of the certian unwritten law in the state of nsw that no one delays posting cds to you or are liable to being dealt consequences? :christmas::beerbang:

yeh dont you just hate when people take ages....its annoying.... especially fellow aussies..

Well, I got a card in the mailbox today saying I had a registered package at the post office. Had 2 hours to spare this afternoon before 5pm but I think I'll wait till the trip back home from work on Monday. If it's the Hansel CD (which I assume it'll be) that'd explain the extra costs for shipping in which case I apologise to the band for my ugly commentary. Still wouldn't explain why it took a week, though. ;):lol:

Well, I got a card in the mailbox today saying I had a registered package at the post office. Had 2 hours to spare this afternoon before 5pm but I think I'll wait till the trip back home from work on Monday. If it's the Hansel CD (which I assume it'll be) that'd explain the extra costs for shipping in which case I apologise to the band for my ugly commentary. Still wouldn't explain why it took a week, though. ;):lol:

Great album, it'll be worth the wait!

Like the dogs in the Pixar flick UP, you sir should wear the Cone Of Shame!!!! :lol:

I hope it was worth the wait.

Apology totally retracted. The registered mail was the Soundwave ticket I bought on Thursday last week. Almost a week after I paid for the Hansel CD. Still no Hansel CD.

Apology totally retracted. The registered mail was the Soundwave ticket I bought on Thursday last week. Almost a week after I paid for the Hansel CD. Still no Hansel CD.

wonder if the band's been following your earlier comments on this board & decided to deliver some gentle retribution. :christmas::whistle:

I'm sure you know of a person here in victoria, melbourne to be honest, who placed an order with the band a day after you placed yours & recived the cd in 2 days. Talk about a quick & respectable turn around :beerbang: