After Hours second album

PETERPOLAND

Does anyone have the original copy of it ?

AFTERHOURS_ST.JPG

I want to but it, but I'm interested only in the official release only, so can somebody tell me what label was it released by?

HH database says that it was released in 1988, but I've read that it has been officialy released on CD in 1992 or something like that.

I was also wondering what's the value of this discs, since the database is not up-to-date.

Is it as good as their debut ?

The 2nd album by After Hours is very bluesy & imho, has the one good song that is preventing it being a forgettable album.

The album is, imho, one of the worst follow ups a band has ever done, up there with Joker ( Portugal) Simon Chase etc..

Best save your money for the unreleased album Shy aka Shy England recorded with the singer from After Hours in the early 90's which hopefully will be released this year in any format :beerbang:

Hmmmm, bluesy? Can't say I really agree, Andre. Tracks like 'You're never alone' and 'Heartache' are killer hard rockers. It's been a while since I heard this but I remember it being just a harder rocking version of the band. Vocals a little rougher than the debut, but I think I actually preferred this to the good but very safe debut.

I'm 100 % with you geoff. I have both and think the second album is the better one of the two. It is a little bit rockier but some songs are just amazing like 'You're never alone' which reminds me alot of old House of Lords. I have the Jap. pressing. I kind of like Francis voice on this better as well as it is rougher as Geoff said. I can let you know the info later today when I'm back home.

Does anyone have the original copy of it ?

AFTERHOURS_ST.JPG

I want to but it, but I'm interested only in the official release only, so can somebody tell me what label was it released by?

HH database says that it was released in 1988, but I've read that it has been officialy released on CD in 1992 or something like that.

I was also wondering what's the value of this discs, since the database is not up-to-date.

Is it as good as their debut ?

To answer your main question, I have an original and it was officially released in 1993 on the BMG label in Japan. The catalog number is BVCP686. Unfortunately, my copy does not have an OBI. I agree with the others in that it has a bluesier feel to it, although I wouldn't go so far as to agree with Andy that it is as bad as the Joker "Ecstacy" followup. I rather liked the sound on "After Hours" Featuring John Francis.

• 7 years later...