Re-issue

frogstomp

In two words 'Rock Candy'. All their re-issues have been top quality from the sound (considering the source), down to the excellent packaging, liner notes and sometimes bonus tracks that are actually worthwile having on most of them. So far, a mostly very good/ excellent choice of artists and they have a few more gems in the pipeline aswell.

For the no frills side of things, Wounded Bird have released some excellent titles. Packaging is always a little on the sparse side and bonus tracks etc are rare, but generally the sound quality of their re-issues are very good

Retrospect have a good mix of good stuff (and some other stuff that doesn't interest me at all to be honest) and are getting better all the time. Considering alot of their bands material is demo's etc, quality is pretty good all round.

A couple of re-issue labels that are patchy imo are Krescendo, who's sound quality slips big time on some of their re-issue and Renaissance, who have the same problem on some of their releases aswell, so beware.

To back up Jez Rock Candy Records rules also Sun City and Eonian are great to for stuff that hasn't been issued before and the packaging is very good IMO. I have some Retrospect stuff too that's good quality as well. As Jez said Wounded Bird reissues some great stuff but packaging isn't as good and it's not remastered like it is with Rock Candy.

The MTM re-issues were all great too, before the label died. Whether the actual material chosen for re-issue was excellent or not is up to the listener, but the product itself was excellent, like all other releases from MTM. They did the DaVinci re-issues, didn't they? That's a great one.

The MTM re-issues were all great too, before the label died. Whether the actual material chosen for re-issue was excellent or not is up to the listener, but the product itself was excellent, like all other releases from MTM. They did the DaVinci re-issues, didn't they? That's a great one.

I love MTM... please come back to me.......

where do you order these Rock Candy releases? what bands do they do..?

where do you order these Rock Candy releases? what bands do they do..?

Here you go ....:

Rock Candy Catalogue

Mario Lehmann's (MTM) new company is called NL Distribution, another label focussing on re-issues. Check here: Yesterrock

They did the Andy Fraser, West of Sunset & China Sky re-issues lately. And quite a few more.

Mario Lehmann's (MTM) new company is called NL Distribution, another label focussing on re-issues. Check here: Yesterrock

They did the Andy Fraser, West of Sunset & China Sky re-issues lately. And quite a few more.

Backed on the Yesterrock stuff Bernd - All very excellent so far. Really nice to be able to get hold of some of the rarer stuff like West Of Sunset that were going for silly money.

Backed on the Yesterrock stuff Bernd - All very excellent so far. Really nice to be able to get hold of some of the rarer stuff like West Of Sunset that were going for silly money.

The NL Distribution did the Hurricane reissues a few years back and they sounded great but there wasn't nothing extra in the packaging.

In two words 'Rock Candy'. All their re-issues have been top quality from the sound (considering the source), down to the excellent packaging, liner notes and sometimes bonus tracks that are actually worthwile having on most of them. So far, a mostly very good/ excellent choice of artists and they have a few more gems in the pipeline aswell.

For the no frills side of things, Wounded Bird have released some excellent titles. Packaging is always a little on the sparse side and bonus tracks etc are rare, but generally the sound quality of their re-issues are very good

Retrospect have a good mix of good stuff (and some other stuff that doesn't interest me at all to be honest) and are getting better all the time. Considering alot of their bands material is demo's etc, quality is pretty good all round.

A couple of re-issue labels that are patchy imo are Krescendo, who's sound quality slips big time on some of their re-issue and Renaissance, who have the same problem on some of their releases aswell, so beware.

Jez is spot on as usual :tumbsup:

You yourself must choose what you want to spend money on.

ROCKCANDY are very pricey, but top notch..

They also have been putting out records that have already been put out or ready to be released by WOUNDED BIRD.

They also have been putting out records that have already been put out or ready to be released by WOUNDED BIRD.

But which version would you prefer? Most of those titles are up for grabs by anyone now, due to licensing issues. I notice that Yesterrock have also released the excellent Witness album, when RC announced it ages ago. Same with the Sandy Stewart 'Cat Dancer' album that WB are now releasing aswell (can't wait for the RC version of this one). Over here, the Wounded Bird titles are virtualy the same price as the Rock Candy ones, so coupled with them being seriously much better quality re-issues, RC win every time for me.

But which version would you prefer? Most of those titles are up for grabs by anyone now, due to licensing issues. I notice that Yesterrock have also released the excellent Witness album, when RC announced it ages ago. Same with the Sandy Stewart 'Cat Dancer' album that WB are now releasing aswell (can't wait for the RC version of this one). Over here, the Wounded Bird titles are virtualy the same price as the Rock Candy ones, so coupled with them being seriously much better quality re-issues, RC win every time for me.

I'd rather wait for the ROCK CANDY release myself as well... :tumbsup:

So if you were going to recommend a re-issue label to someone (a Metal/Hard Rock band) who would it be?

It would seem to me that Rock Candy gets a lot of nods here but i had never heard of them and some of the other members here are the same, do they advertise very much?

The labels i was thinking of recommending were:

Eonian

Suncity

Retrospect

Because those were the only ones i knew of.

I am surprised no one has mentioned AOR-FM yet. They brought us the wonderful PRIDE, ROULETTE, DREAMER & ALLIED NATION re-issues.

Unfortunately the site seems to down lately. I really hope this label will survive !!

Rock Candy and Yesterock are both excellent labels for AOR re-issues - great titles and nice packaging, sound great as well.

Eonian is probably the best for glam/hard rock releases - although they're only new and don't have a lot of titles, their packaging is awesome.

Stormspell do great releases if your into the heavier side of things - some of the best packaging I've seen.