State Of Rock

Guest aorroxx

Guest aorroxx

For me Frontline were the best melodic rock/aor band to come out of Germany, and what i wouldn't give for a new Frontline album.However that is never gonna happen.What is gonna happen tho is STATE OF ROCK.

Four years after the last FRONTLINE studio album „Circles“, time was ripe for STATE OF ROCK, the new band around FRONTLINE guitarist Robby Böbel. “Hutch” Bauer and Rami Ali, two old FRONTLINE comrades, jumped on board, so the only question left open was who could take the place behind the microphone. That was when label boss Georg Siegl pulled the strings and got in contact with Tony Mills (SHY/TNT)... ..

After only three demo songs it was clear that the chemistry between the two songwriters, Robby Böbel and Tony Mills, was great. Their strengths complemented each other and pushed them to new horizons. It turned out instantly that this new band is about to become something special!.. ..

Their debut album, „A Point Of Destiny”, follows the slogan “75 % FRONTLINE + 25 % SHY = 100 % STATE OF ROCK”, as it combines the qualities of these two classic Melodic Rock bands: melodic vocals by Tony Mills at the times of SHY classics like “Excess All Areas” plus the unique guitar-licks by Robby Böbel... ..

In September Tony Mills came to Germany to put final touches on the album. The band used the opportunity and played some showcase-gigs in front of a handpicked audience to emphasize that STATE OF ROCK are a real band and not just another project. “A Point Of Destiny” will be released on January 29th, 2010 – a date that any Melodic Rock fan should mark in his calendar.

THIS IS ONE ALBUM I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO

www.stateofrock.net

Wow, awesome news. I have never really been a fan of Mills but then again, Frontline were/are one of my all-time favourite bands but I'd be lying if I said I was ever in love with the dude's voice. Mills will probably actually suit the material. Either way, this could be seriously awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it.

So why did Frontline break up anyway?

• 2 months later...

This sounds pretty interesting. A bit more memorable than Frontline IMO....

It's good, but not Frontline to me... At least they changed the band name. I had lost alot of respect for Mills after that godaweful TNT release, but this one sounds MUCH MUCH MUCH better. And of course having the Frontline band with Robby's fanfriggintastic guitar chops is always a big plus!

It's good, but not Frontline to me... At least they changed the band name. I had lost alot of respect for Mills after that godaweful TNT release, but this one sounds MUCH MUCH MUCH better. And of course having the Frontline band with Robby's fanfriggintastic guitar chops is always a big plus!

Yep

Yep

Yeah, agreed.

In all honesty, it's nowhere near as good as Frontline, but very good anyway. There is no missing Boebel's excellence but the disc also proves that Kaemmerer or however you spell the lead singer from Frontline's name had a lot of influence in the final sound of the songs. Musically, they're pretty good on this CD but they're just lacking the punch of Frontline.

As for the vocals, it's an odd one. I really dislike Mills' voice, especially on this, but I've always liked Shy and even though 'Welcome to the madhouse' is one of my favourite Shy CDs, Mills is the voice of Shy and I like it that way. But outside of Shy, just don't like him at all. The funny thing is that although Frontline are one of my favourite bands ever, I was never wild about the dude's voice... but again, he is the voice of Frontline and he is necessary for the band to sound awesome. I'd never want it any other way.

Anyway, this isn't Frontline and it's not supposed to be, but it's a bloody good CD. Anyone know if there will ever be new music fron Frontline?

• 1 year later...
This is a definite 'buy' for me..... :beerbang:

Great CD from song one to the last track !! This is what TNT should have did when Mills joined them !! Hope to see more from them in the future . Thanks Georg for this great new band !!

How true! How very true! This is an excellent disc! :guitbannana::beerbang: