Anvil - This is Thirteen

heaven&hell

I haven't heard/seen anything at all about this in Australia. But I'm interested based on some commentry here.

I think you might enjoy the movie Geoff, but I dunno if Anvil's tunes would be quite yo'thang.

As for the new album, haven't heard it yet but I'm workin' on it...

I haven't heard/seen anything at all about this in Australia. But I'm interested based on some commentry here.

I think you might enjoy the movie Geoff, but I dunno if Anvil's tunes would be quite yo'thang.

Yeah, I also doubt the music will be for me, but super interested in the film for sure. :) Any Aussies know if this is out in Australia?

Yeah, I also doubt the music will be for me, but super interested in the film for sure. :) Any Aussies know if this is out in Australia?

I agree you'd like the movie Cousin but not the bands music.

It's probably a little to metal for you kind of like Maiden meets Motorhead and I don't see that being your thing at all.

I agree you'd like the movie Cousin but not the bands music.

It's probably a little to metal for you kind of like Maiden meets Motorhead and I don't see that being your thing at all.

Movie is funny as hell the music well I will leave it at that ..............

• 2 weeks later...

After hearing many of the older Anvil releases lately some are hit or miss but all usually have a handful of killer tracks with a few fillers thrown in. It's to bad this band couldn't of been more consistent. I'm currently in the middle of reading their autobiography and I can see why the never made it. Bad businees, bad managment decisions(never should of signed with David Krebs but shouldn't of taken Johnny Z up on his offer) and never had a major label.

I will say that I feel like this new album "This is Thirteen" might be the best thing they've ever done and is right on par with "Metal on Metal" and "Forged in Fire" IMO. :headbanger:

I'm likin' THIS IS THIRTEEN a lot. It hasn't had time to fully "gel" yet but it definitely hearkens back to the good ole days of M-O-M and F-I-F, as Wes sez.

I'm likin' THIS IS THIRTEEN a lot. It hasn't had time to fully "gel" yet but it definitely hearkens back to the good ole days of M-O-M and F-I-F, as Wes sez.

I just finished reading their book tonight and now I'm looking forward to the next disc "Juggernaut of Justice". Supposedly this disc is done so hopefully it comes out early 2010. :headbanger:

It's a good disc and I do believe they're back on track..

Going to see them in January.. :headbanger:

I'm jealous. You'll get the movie and then the concert back to back. :headbanger:

I'm jealous. You'll get the movie and then the concert back to back. :headbanger:

I don't know Wes!

My friend is getting me a ticket and thats all I know at the moment...

Since I've seen the movie, I'd rather have a kickass warm up band backing them...

I don't know Wes!

My friend is getting me a ticket and thats all I know at the moment...

Since I've seen the movie, I'd rather have a kickass warm up band backing them...

According to their appearnce on That Metal Show last month they are touring the movie starting in January where the movie will show and then the band comes out to do a full concert. :headbanger:

• 11 months later...

Watching the film today the tracks off this one sounded really good to me, so I've just ordered the CD. 'Bombs Away' is a great tune. Really want to see these guys live, looks like they always put on a great show. Hope they play London next year! :banger:

I saw Anvil live once back in '95 (opening for Raven) and they blew tha roof off tha joint. I wasn't much more than a casual Anvil fan at the time (I didn't own any of their albums even though I knew a bunch of their songs) but that show made me into a fanboy.

All the attention that they've been getting from the documentary makes me smile. Most bands would've said "f*ck it" and packed it in twenty years ago, but they're still out there pluggin', and finally getting some recognition for it.

I saw Anvil live once back in '95 (opening for Raven) and they blew tha roof off tha joint. I wasn't much more than a casual Anvil fan at the time (I didn't own any of their albums even though I knew a bunch of their songs) but that show made me into a fanboy.

All the attention that they've been getting from the documentary makes me smile. Most bands would've said "f*ck it" and packed it in twenty years ago, but they're still out there pluggin', and finally getting some recognition for it.

:tumbsup:

Yep, such completely genuine guys too, I really hope they make some money out of the documentary and resulting album sales. They deserve it!

:tumbsup:

Yep, such completely genuine guys too, I really hope they make some money out of the documentary and resulting album sales. They deserve it!

Yeah, I said the same in the 'Last movies' thread. I can't say I'd personally be a fan of their music, but no doubt at all they deserve some success and I'd love to see it come their way.