SLAYER - "World Painted Blood"

TIM (2)

Here is my review of the new SLAYER disc....

FUCKING AWESOME

It destroys "Death Magnetic" and "Endgame". The new ANTHRAX disc has a very high standard to come close to this....

FUCKING AWESOME

It destroys "Death Magnetic" and "Endgame". The new ANTHRAX disc has a very high standard to come close to this....

Mmmm, not a thrasher by any extent, but I am interested in hearing this.

See this is how I cant comprehend any of you actually like Metallica, not to mention take them seriously! Slayer continues to try and stay on the cutting edge, I dont believe they ever have been cutting edge since Reign In Blood, but the mere fact they are always trying, lets you know they are trying to give their fans something they will like, and they are not in the least interested in reaching a "new audience" getting on Mtv, or having a top 40 hit! not worried about making money and cashing in their music credentials to do it, no! Slayer even at what I consider their lowest album(Diabolus In Musica)they werent attempting to sell out, Im biased I guess as they are my 4th favorite group, EVER!!! I give credit to God Hates Us All, cause it fucking rocked, and was released on Sept 11, the day the rug pilots attacked us, I thought Christ Illusion was a good start, and now, im happy, this is one Slayer album that Im happy I have, and not pissed off because it sounds like some doofus with a dopey voice trying to cover a bob segar song!!

I saw this was out...is it better than Christ Illusion?

I would say so. I really liked "Christ Illusion" but did feel it had a few too many filler tracks on it. This one is much more retro-sounding & is thrashier & has much less polish in the production.

Surprised you didn't like "Christ..." though - had some KILLER tunes on it....

• 2 weeks later...

FUCKING AWESOME

Backed!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger::beerbang::bowdown::beerbang:

• 1 month later...

I've had WORLD PAINTED BLOOD for a couple of days now. Pretty sweet stuff. I still think that CHRIST ILLUSION has a slight edge in the nastiness/grittiness sweepstakes, but damn good show otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

Christ Illusion has the most mind blowing Slayer song of all time, imo, Flesh Storm, but this album is all around better, and I like how the mix up their sound a bit!

"Public Display of Dismemberment" wins the prize for Coolest Song Title of 2009, hands down. :lol: