Michael Paynter

JC_AOR

Some of the Aussies here and perhaps others may have heard the song 'Closer' on the radio lately. This is the guy who wrote that song and he has a few other goodies as well. Check out his songs here at MySpace. I guess fans of Juke Kartel, Motorace and other modern Aussie rock bands might enjoy this. Certainly worth a listen.

400x248-michael-paynter.jpg

Man, I'm missing all this stuff now I can't hear myspace anymore at work. Another thread I need to revisit (about 80 now) when I'm at home with spare time. :) Sounds cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I love 'Closer'. What a great tune. Keep us updated, mate. Would definitely be interested to hear if he releases a full disc. 'Superhero' is great too. And 'Crave'... good emotive stuff, great hooks. Reminds me of the three excellent songs from that dude a few years ago. What was his name? The guy who sung 'God only knows'? Anyway, this guy is very promising, nice find.

• 10 months later...

Hey Justin, I assume you're loving the new tune, 'Love the fall', with the Veronicas? I just downloaded about a dozen of his songs last night and slapped them on my Ipod. Some very nice stuff there, especially the stuff off the new 'Love the Fall' EP. Great choruses.

Hey Justin, I assume you're loving the new tune, 'Love the fall', with the Veronicas? I just downloaded about a dozen of his songs last night and slapped them on my Ipod. Some very nice stuff there, especially the stuff off the new 'Love the Fall' EP. Great choruses.

Actually I wasn't aware that an EP had been released...I haven't been checking on his MySpace page much.

Just listened to 'Love the Fall' though and its a great song. I'll check out his other new songs soon. Do you know if a proper EP will be released or just an itunes download?

• 3 years later...

just checked out half of the new album, hey it's pretty good but looks like it's very hard to buy his CD outside Aussie.

Anybody checked it out other than Geoff ? I'm finishing that album later and gonna drop a score

Just Mr.AOR, Glen and myself at the moment, mate:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=32056&hl=paynter

Great disc. I was a little weary (lol) of quite a large number of ballads towards the end of the disc, but if they're all good songs - which they definitely are - I can't really deny the quality. Really great album, and a great voice too.

According to wikipedia, 'Weary Stars' was released on Jan 31st, so it's a valid 2014 release

Ive only listened to it on Spotify (which lists it as a 2013 release), but i see the import album on Amazon is from Feb 2014...which I won't be buying at £53 + PP.

WTF??!

My copy just dropped, but had to get it from Oz, worked out at about £15 delivered which wasn't to bad. Anyways, 2 tracks I heard were enough to pique my interest and it is now playing as we speak,so will get back to ya's

So after 2 spins, I rated it around 80%. A solid release but there's a slight problem with too many ballads and most of them sounded identical, but maybe that's the way those idol contestants go. Both Daughtry and David Cook also did the same thing. Songs were great though so probably if he balanced up by putting up 3-4 rockers and drop couple ballads, this album will be far better

btw Jez, can you point out the website ?

So after 2 spins, I rated it around 80%. A solid release but there's a slight problem with too many ballads and most of them sounded identical, but maybe that's the way those idol contestants go. Both Daughtry and David Cook also did the same thing. Songs were great though so probably if he balanced up by putting up 3-4 rockers and drop couple ballads, this album will be far better btw Jez, can you point out the website ?

Mate..I got it from JB Hi-Fi in Oz..Was here in about a week.

here's the link

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&source=all&bnSearch=Go%21&q=michael+paynter&submit=Go