Lynyrd Skynyrd - God + Guns

66 mustang

Brilliant track, sounds very fresh and up to date. After the excellent 'Vicious Cycle', six years is way to long in between reeases for this band. Gotta wait until the end of September before this is released dammit.

They sent it to me the other day in an email. Love It. And I cant wait for the new CD! You know so many people blow them off, saying its not really Skynyrd now. Or thier just a cover band now. Bullshit!! Ive seen this version of the band and its true Skynyrd thru and thru!! Ive loved Lynyrd Skynyrd since the early 70s and I love them now. Theyve always been and always will be my favorite Southern Rock band!! :headbanger:

Thanks to Jane Tomlinson for taking this great pic at a recent show!

jane_Skynyrd1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone interested, you can pre-order the Jap copy of God & Guns here at CD Japan for US$25.93 + shipping.......Bit pricey but also does not state anything about bonus tracks yet...release date supposedly 7th of October.

I'll wait and see on this, wheather I get the Jap or the normal release :unsure:

Visit My Website

For anyone interested, you can pre-order the Jap copy of God & Guns here at CD Japan for US$25.93 + shipping.......Bit pricey but also does not state anything about bonus tracks yet...release date supposedly 7th of October.

I'll wait and see on this, wheather I get the Jap or the normal release :unsure:

Visit My Website

Dave - I have gone for this version. 2 cd with 6 bonus tracks, 3 studio and 3 live.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/11630962/G...ns/Product.html

Visit My Website

Dave - I have gone for this version. 2 cd with 6 bonus tracks, 3 studio and 3 live.

Wow........ That is a great deal....Pity they don't service international because I would get that in a flash :crying:

I'll definately keep a look out for that edition but shit, that is a great price.....Half your luck mate, what a deal :tumbsup:

Visit My Website

Wow........ That is a great deal....Pity they don't service international because I would get that in a flash :crying:

I'll definately keep a look out for that edition but shit, that is a great price.....Half your luck mate, what a deal :tumbsup:

Dave - Amazon UK ship to Australia - Here's the link for the special edition :drink:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lynyrd-Skynyrd-God...5737&sr=8-1

Visit My Website

Dave - Amazon UK ship to Australia - Here's the link for the special edition :drink:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lynyrd-Skynyrd-God...5737&sr=8-1

Thanks mate for doing that and I still can't get over the great price you guys get it for....After converting prices to Aussie Dollars, to get it from the UK including shipping would be Oz $21.39....from the US it would be Oz $37.00 but I just located it here in Oz for pre order {Limited Edition} from JB hiFi...Visit My Website... for $24.99 which works out about the same as the UK if you include credit card charge so considering it is just around the corner from me, I'm gonna' go with that :tumbsup:

Thanks again mate for the link and if JB did not have the Limited Edition, I would have gone with Amazon UK.....Free shipping for you guys.....We only wish we had that in Oz :tumbsup:

Going to JB HiFi today to pre-order the Limited Edition Digipak one :tumbsup:

Going to JB HiFi today to pre-order the Limited Edition Digipak one :tumbsup:

Went into JB HiFi and said to the guy, "I would like to pre-order the new limited edition Lynyrd Skynyrd CD" and he looked at me with a :wtf: look on his face......He goes "What new album....Skynyrd are one of my favourite bands and I had no Idea there was a new album".

I said "God & Guns and it is due for release late in September and on your website it says that you can pre-order it here at JB HiFi", so he went onto the website, typed it in and up it came and he went "shit....That's unreal.....I had no Idea of this at all......I'll certainly be getting that too"

I told him to check out You Tube because the new song is on there and it is great stuff and he said "I'll be doing that the minute he gets home"

I then pre-ordered it and he then thanked me for letting him know about the new Skynyrd release.....He was blown away with the news and I then said to him "Well we have just helped each other out here because I have now ordered it and you now know about it so we are both happy" :bananamac:

• 4 weeks later...

Got the call from JB HiFi today that it is in :bananamac:

Sending the missus there tomorrow to pick it up :bananamac:

Got the call from JB HiFi today that it is in :bananamac:

Sending the missus there tomorrow to pick it up :bananamac:

Mine should be here tomorrow aswell mate. Your gonna love it!! :tumbsup:

Your gonna love it!! :tumbsup:

That I do mate !!!!!!!!!!!

Great album indeed !!!!!!

Finally a new release from one of the big boys that will have a shelf life longer than that of dairy products which most new releases from most bands today, seem to only have !!!!!!!

Plenty of substance in this one and I love it....."Floyd" would be the only track on it that I'm not to sure about :tumbsup:

Finally a new release from one of the big boys that will have a shelf life longer than that of dairy products which most new releases from most bands today, seem to only have !!!!!!!

Plenty of substance in this one and I love it....."Floyd" would be the only track on it that I'm not to sure about :tumbsup:

That was my 'Dodgy' song when I heard it the first few times, but when played in context of the whole disc, I haven't skipped it as of yet. There are definitely NO fillers on this CD as far as my untrained ears are telling me and I can safely say, this is the third superb Skynyrd album in a row now. :tumbsup:

That was my 'Dodgy' song when I heard it the first few times, but when played in context of the whole disc, I haven't skipped it as of yet. There are definitely NO fillers on this CD as far as my untrained ears are telling me and I can safely say, this is the third superb Skynyrd album in a row now. :tumbsup:

I must admit that after the 3rd listen, Floyd was starting to grow on me.

Jez, is your copy a digipak or a jewel case double disc ??

Up at JB again today and the standard edition of God & Guns is $21.99 and for a short time only the limited edition double disc is $24.99 {special price}