'Bandaged Knees' - The Almighty

Geoff

This'd have to be one of my all-time favourite songs. It's one of those songs that always pops up on random play on my Ipod and I dig every listen. I'd have spun this regularly for over 10 years now and it's still as brilliant as the day I heard it first.

Any other fans of this song?

Yep, a great song, the whole album is pretty good really. 'Sin Against The Light' is another fav of mine. These guys would've been great to see live.

They do have some great songs but I have to admit I think it's time I traded all their CDs off. Unfortunately I won't be able to trade 'Soul destruction' because the f*cker skips for one second during the chorus of 'Little lost sometimes'.

I like 'Destroyed' off their debut and the killer 'Jesus Loves you (but I don't)' off 'Powertrippin'. Yeah, they're a good band but just not enough gems for me to be a true fan.

yep killer track.

One of the great UK hard rock bands. Ive seen them about 5 times. Awesome live...such attitude.

The debut is still their finest hour........raw energy on that album and a real live feel. Gift Horse is magnificent as is Destroyed, Full Force Lovin Machine and of course the anthem Wild & Wonderful.........pretty much sums up the band live.

Cheers

This'd have to be one of my all-time favourite songs. It's one of those songs that always pops up on random play on my Ipod and I dig every listen. I'd have spun this regularly for over 10 years now and it's still as brilliant as the day I heard it first.

recall hearing Ricky Warwick may be touring here soon :beerbang:

This is probably one of the best tunes The Almighty ever did. I'm not a big fan of this band but I'll give props where they are due.

The Almighty has tour Australia once supporting Screaming Jets many years ago. I was lucky to meet the guys and had few beers with them.

Bandaged knees is indeed an awesome song.

Have to say Soul destruction is a great album but the rest of their stuff is up and down.

Each album has some great tracks on it (with the exception of Crank), but the the rest of the songs are only so-so.

• 7 years later...

Good album. Produced by Andy Taylor (Duran Duran).

Reissued in 2014 as a 2-CD Deluxe Editon.

R-8117918-1455470663-6747.jpeg.jpg

Disc 1

1. Crucify
2. Free’n’easy
3. Joy bang one time
4. Love religion
5. Bandaged knees
6. Praying to the red light
7. Sin against the light
8. Little lost sometimes
9. Devil’s toy
10. What more do you want