Nocturnal Rites

Glen

Nice stuff. Never heard of them before but that's pretty cool stuff - will check their stuff out for sure....

Nice stuff. Never heard of them before but that's pretty cool stuff - will check their stuff out for sure....

obviously fell on deaf ears........

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...mp;hl=nocturnal

suffice to say that I am of course right - those 4 songs are all killers.

The 2 albums you need are 'Grand Illusion' (which has 'Still Alive' and a whole host of killer songs) and '8th Sin' from last year.

Cheers

first album is the best....but i love and the other 3 they made next....nowadays,though, if i'm going to play something from them it would be from the first one....i still laugh when i recall the reviews about it from the "metal gurus"(sadly i also have in mind some reviews from some great fanzines, not only the crappy and rotten major mags)....power metal like stratovarius and other crap like that....fekk them one thousand times....they've never heard of pure swedish heavy metal like gotham city, mindless sinners, universe, atc,parasite, syron vanes, depzon,crystal pride and other stuff like that which was more similar to "in a time of blood and fire".... still to this day i find it mystery how a bunch of thrash/vlack/death/punk guys came up with such a timeless record....

first album is the best....but i love and the other 3 they made next....nowadays,though, if i'm going to play something from them it would be from the first one....i still laugh when i recall the reviews about it from the "metal gurus"(sadly i also have in mind some reviews from some great fanzines, not only the crappy and rotten major mags)....power metal like stratovarius and other crap like that....fekk them one thousand times....they've never heard of pure swedish heavy metal like gotham city, mindless sinners, universe, atc,parasite, syron vanes, depzon,crystal pride and other stuff like that which was more similar to "in a time of blood and fire".... still to this day i find it mystery how a bunch of thrash/vlack/death/punk guys came up with such a timeless record....

I have 'Sacred Talisman'. Is that the 2nd or 3rd release?

it's the 3rd. first's "in a time of blood and fire" and 2nd is "tales of mystery and imagination".

it's the 3rd. first's "in a time of blood and fire" and 2nd is "tales of mystery and imagination".

Well shoot I always thought it was their 2nd album?? Guess I am missing their first album damnit.....

And I am missing their latest 2 as well.. Grand Illusion and 8th Sin... I gotta get those!!!! :headbanger:

Well shoot I always thought it was their 2nd album?? Guess I am missing their first album damnit.....

And I am missing their latest 2 as well.. Grand Illusion and 8th Sin... I gotta get those!!!! :headbanger:

apparently their first 2 albums have been reissued with some bonus in a double cd (check the releases):

http://www.nocturnalrites.com/index2.htm

The 2 albums you need are 'Grand Illusion' (which has 'Still Alive' and a whole host of killer songs) and '8th Sin' from last year.

Cheers

Well if I bought everything you recommend I'd be living in a cardboard box in Waterloo station right now. :D

I'll trust you on this one and have ordered "8th Sin" from Amazon...

Cheers

Well if I bought everything you recommend I'd be living in a cardboard box in Waterloo station right now. :D

Grand Illusion is maybe slightly better, but 8th Sin is well worth owning. Some great songs on that one.

Ahh thanks. I was aware of "Tales of Mystery" as I remember seeing something about it in Metal Maniacs back when it came out but I didn't know about "Blood and Fire". I just happened to see "Sacred Talisman" in a store and picked it up but have never seen the others in any stores over here. I also have "Afterlife" and "Grand Illusion" and I like both of those. :headbanger:

The first cd is expensive so if anyone is interested he should pick-up that great compilation Sharatan has mentioned...

It's listed on Century Media's site too as is "Tales" but it seems to be temporarily out of stock.

They have much of their catalog at a good price.

http://www.cmdistro.com/Search/nocturnal_rites

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers

What did you think of 8th Sin??

• 5 weeks later...
I Lov'em all. But I think my favorite is New World Messiah. :banger:

Okay dudes, just bought 'New World Messiah' for about us$6... so is it any good?

I Lov'em all. But I think my favorite is New World Messiah. :banger:

Okay dudes, just bought 'New World Messiah' for about us$6... so is it any good?

You ordered it? Or have it in your hands type "bought it"? You will definitely get your $6.00 worth. And more. ;)

Just ordered it. Should be here in a week or so. Hoping I like it too mate. :)