First two Thunder albums reissued with bonus CDs

Captain Howdy

Totally missed the news that these came out last week:

Backstreet symphony

http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/product....404&pType=1

Laughing on judgment day

http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/product....405&pType=1

Have got these on order, so hopefully will arrive in a few days. Two cracking albums, 'Backstreet Symphony' especially really stands up and is a fantastic disc still. Nice to see the whole heap of extras aswell. Two very nice re-issues.

Seems they are totally remastered as well.

The main disc on both seem to have an extra track or four as well, with both discs having something like 16 and 17 extra tracks.

I probably have most of the extra tracks as they appear to be mostly single b-sides, but as I have quite a lot of them on vinyl, it will me nice to have them on CD.

I have the orig Jap Issue of Backstreet Symphony with the different cover and live disc, I'm wondering if the live tracks added here are said disc...unfortunately I'm at work and can't check!!!

I have the orig Jap Issue of Backstreet Symphony with the different cover and live disc, I'm wondering if the live tracks added here are said disc...unfortunately I'm at work and can't check!!!

Wasnt the Jap issue the songs from the Monsters of rock festival, or was that a seperate CD they released over there?

Wasnt the Jap issue the songs from the Monsters of rock festival, or was that a seperate CD they released over there?

I'm home now :)

The tracklist is and details are :-

Another Shot of Love '89 - London July 89 (doesn't say what venue)

Girl's Going Out of Her Head '90 - Southend Maritime Nov 89

An Englishman on Holiday '90 - venue as above

Until My Dying Day '91 - London Town and County March 90

Fired Up '91 - venue as above

Dirty Love '90 - venue as above

She's SO fINE '90 - Donnington Aug '89

Backstreet Symphony'90 - venue as above

Higher Ground '91 - venue as above

Don't Wait for Me '90 - venue as above

Fuckin' confusing - the dates on the titles are on the back sleeve of the case and the dates I've typed after the "-" are the dates shown in the booklet and don't match :wacko:

Unless for instance the 90 for example in Girls Going Out of Her Head '90 ....recorded in ...'89 represents when the song was mixed as opposed to recorded.

Anyway looks like some of the Town and Country tracks have turned up on this new release ... along with Another Shot of Love I'll wager!

If anyone wants an all encompassing compilation, this one is damn good value for money.

Finally got it today myself.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Very-Best-Thunder/...4069&sr=1-1

Worth picking up for disc 3, as it has all of the Monsters Of Rock show on it.

• 1 year later...

Picked up these reissues a few months back, and found out that Behind closed doors got the same treatment as well, so got that as well.

While I am not normally one for rebuying albums when they are reissued, these were certainly worth it, considering how many extra tracks were on them.

It still amazes me that EMI dropped the band after Behind closed doors, yet has seen fit to release album after album of greatest hits, rarities and live tracks over the years.

Considering Thunder still managed to have songs in the top 40 singles chart even in their later years, I am guessing that EMI knew there was still money to be made from the amount of unreleased material they had.

Picked up these reissues a few months back, and found out that Behind closed doors got the same treatment as well, so got that as well.

While I am not normally one for rebuying albums when they are reissued, these were certainly worth it, considering how many extra tracks were on them.

It still amazes me that EMI dropped the band after Behind closed doors, yet has seen fit to release album after album of greatest hits, rarities and live tracks over the years.

Considering Thunder still managed to have songs in the top 40 singles chart even in their later years, I am guessing that EMI knew there was still money to be made from the amount of unreleased material they had.

I picked up their 3 disc best of earlier this year and I love it.

They just had so many great songs.

I picked up their 3 disc best of earlier this year and I love it.

They just had so many great songs.

Backed! They have many great songs. I have the 3 reissues and they are great value for the money.