Tinted Windows

66 mustang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7y1UxNkHM...&feature=iv

Talk about a weird supergroup. It's got Taylor Hanson of Hanson as the lead singer. James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins on guitar. The bass player is from Fountains of Wayne. And the drummer is from Cheap Trick! Check them out!

...And a damn fine piece of Power Pop it is - Great little disc :tumbsup:

Okay, it's the line-up from hell and the video is atrocious and offensive to watch, but I'll give them the fact that the song's pretty freakin' cool. I'm going to check this one out. Thanks for the heads up.

Here's my quick summary:

This is easily better than any CD any of the members have released in their other bands (except maybe 'Busted' by Cheap Trick) but that's not really saying much when you look at the cast.

So just how good is it, then, based on that? Well, it's not bad. Tracks 1-5 are all good solid pop rock tunes with great hooks. Then, they completely jump off the cliff for tracks 6-9 starting with 'Without love' which is a blatant, awful filler as are the next 3 tunes. Track 10, 'Doncha Wanna' sees them try to pick up the pieces and salvage the disc with a pretty cool song. Not great, but the best since 'Back with You' (track 5). Thankfully, they close the album in style with another cool pop rocker, 'Take Me Back'.

So at the end of the day you have 6 and 1/2 good tracks from 11. Not bad stats by my summation. I do admit I don't like the "retro" vibe at all on this disc and it's not exactly going to tear up my top 10, but for a bunch of shithouse artists from shithouse bands, they've come up with a pretty damn good disc, imo. Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...